MT5 trading issues

MT5 won’t allow me to buy open multiple positions in the same pair. it only lets me add on to my lot size and it changes my entry price. so i want instant execution with multiple trades but it only allows me exchange execution please someone HELP

Travistyy:
MT5 won’t allow me to buy open multiple positions in the same pair. it only lets me add on to my lot size and it changes my entry price. so i want instant execution with multiple trades but it only allows me exchange execution please someone HELP

This doesn't make sense, post some screenshot of your problem please.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This doesn't make sense, post some screenshot of your problem please.

okay so let’s say i’m in a trade for gbpusd at 1.36000 long and i want to buy in again at 1.37000 to open a second trade to have two trades running. it won’t let me it only adds to my lot size for that same trade 

Travistyy #:
okay so let’s say i’m in a trade for gbpusd at 1.36000 long and i want to buy in again at 1.37000 to open a second trade to have two trades running. it won’t let me it only adds to my lot size for that same trade 

This is not normal, that's why I've asked you to post some screenshot.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This is not normal, that's why I've asked you to post some screenshot.

when i get into a trade later on i will post some. but since i’m not in a trade i can’t post any 

Travistyy:
It may be related to netting (you have netting trading account with the broker in MT5; not hedging).
More details: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/general_concept#netting
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Before you proceed to study the trade functions of the platform, you must have a clear understanding of the basic terms: order, deal and position...
Reason: