How to prevent Metatrader 4 from recompiling code on launch?

There was some unlucky update made in the current MetaEditor (1035), which causes numerous compile errors in my code. All the code that has been developed in Metaeditor ver. 1019 or earlier now generates compile error with the current version, like this one:

'somefunction' - ambiguous call to overloaded function   SomeFile.mq4    109     16

There are many lines of code affected, that it would be very annoying to fix it all in the code. And use it in the future as well.

In general, the fix represents adding an explicit cast (to int) in front of every enumeration in function calls.

I tried to deal with using the previous version 1019 MetaEditor but, the trouble is, that the Terminal attempts to recompile the code with the latest one on a launch. It destroys the executables, they do not load and get lost from the active templates.

In fact, I am not sure if I will receive any hint here (I got hardly any in the past either), but I am trying, perhaps i am wrong. I am quite sure I would get no answer from the Service Desk, so such advice is rather odd for me.

Ovo:

There was some unlucky update made in the current MetaEditor (1035), which causes numerous compile errors in my code. All the code that has been developed in Metaeditor ver. 1019 or earlier now generates compile error with the current version, like this one:

There are many lines of code affected, that it would be very annoying to fix it all in the code. And use it in the future as well.

In general, the fix represents adding an explicit cast (to int) in front of every enumeration in function calls.

I tried to deal with using the previous version 1019 MetaEditor but, the trouble is, that the Terminal attempts to recompile the code with the latest one on a launch. It destroys the executables, they do not load and get lost from the active templates.

In fact, I am not sure if I will receive any hint here (I got hardly any in the past either), but I am trying, perhaps i am wrong. I am quite sure I would get no answer from the Service Desk, so such advice is rather odd for me.

Ovo:

Try removing the source code and storing it in another location.  Without the source code the executable code cannot be recompiled.  Most third-party executable code is supplied without source ... or bite the bullet now ...
HTH,
John

jftjft:
Try removing the source code and storing it in another location.  Without the source code the executable code cannot be recompiled.  Most third-party executable code is supplied without source ... or bite the bullet now ...
HTH,
John

Thank you for the suggestion. With the production environment there is no trouble. The trouble is with the development environment. I will try if the Metaeditor could set the code root outside the default location, but I am not very optimistic.

Currently I realized that the obsolete Metaeditor version does not invoke update (I was convinced it did, my fault), so I am safe until the next version update. Thank you.