Error: Tester - debug version of "Advisors\EA.ex5" detected

Hi all.

I am migrating my EAs from MT4 to MT5. Yesterday I ran some back testing and worked fine. Today I get this error. and MT5 won't let me run optimizations.

Says:

- debug version of "Advisors\EA.ex5" detected

- optimization cannot be started

Thank you in advance for your time.

Nuno Costa :

Hi all.

I am migrating my EAs from MT4 to MT5. Yesterday I ran some back testing and worked fine. Today I get this error. and MT5 won't let me run optimizations.

Says:

- debug version of "Advisors\EA.ex5" detected

- optimization cannot be started

Thank you in advance for your time.

You need to compile the Expert Advisor and then you can immediately start optimization.

Vladimir Karputov #:

You need to compile the Expert Advisor and then you can immediately start optimization.

I did that.

I use F7 (compile) and I get the same error as when I do profile on history data. No difference.

On the Strategy Tester I also tried to select another EA (not the one I am working on ) and I get the same errors.

Nuno Costa # :

I did that.

I use F7 (compile) and I get the same error as when I do profile on history data. No difference.

On the Strategy Tester I also tried to select another EA (not the one I am working on ) and I get the same errors.

You have to compile and then run the optimization right away.

Nuno Costa # :

I did that.

Close the visual tester window. Then compile the advisor. After compilation, you can optimize.

I closed MetaEditor, MT5, everything.

Reloaded, compiled, and backtest works now.

Thank you for your help, mate!

Cheers!

Here's an example: I started debugging on history. After that, I ran the optimization - a warning appeared:

2021.12 . 01 18 : 37 : 00.423 Tester  debug version of "MyExp\EA.ex5" detected
 2021.12 . 01 18 : 37 : 00.450 Tester  debug version of "MQL5\Experts\MyExp\EA.ex5" can be optimized on local agents only, no Cloud, no Farm

this way I can optimize, but only on my PC.

After that, I stopped the tester and compiled the EA. Now I run the optimization again and ... now there is no error!

I see.

Will keep that in mind in case I come across this issue again.

Reason: