Forex Strategy - page 2

Elsa Hejazian:
hey guys,  any strategy that I've backtested so far [with EA] hadn't win rate more than 25% ! is it realistic to have 50% win rate in Forex? If yes, how can I achieve it. Thanks

25% could be profitable in trend strategies such as ma crossing, but we usually talk about profitable when higher than 66%.

See my list of 12 effective forex trading strategies for beginners below:

1. Price action trading
2. Range trading strategy
3. Trend trading strategy
4. Position trading
5. Day trading strategy
6. Scalping strategy
7. Swing trading
8. Carry trade strategy
9. Breakout strategy
10. News trading
11. Retracement trading
12. Grid trading

David Diez #:

25% could be profitable in trend strategies such as ma crossing, but we usually talk about profitable when higher than 66%.

What are this procentage you are talking about…. 66% of… what… increases of the account? As in 66% ROY ? 

The percentage given is about the "Hitrate" or the Winrate.

For any strategy, you have two basic values defining it's quality, one is the win rate, and the other is the risk reward ratio.

Both can be plotted on a graph, giving you a curve.

Example. Let's say you have a hit rate of 50% and a risk reward of 1:1 then the strategy is a break even (not taking into account fees or spread).

Let's say you have a hit rate of 10% and a risk reward of 1:10. This will still be break even.

Let's say you have a hit rate if 75% and a risk reward of 1:0.33. this is still a break even strategy.

As you can see, both metrics contradict each other. You need to find the "sweet spot" for your approach.

Elsa Hejazian #:

I've tested over 100 strategies I found in youtube, books and courses. The entries are so bad.

If you see these Strategies; they are easily available to a lot of people.
When a Strategy is widely used, the "Whales" will adjust their Positions using YOU as liquidity since it is really easy to predict your System.

Solution: Find your own System, BackTest, Create Indicators, Think Outside the Box, Stop using the same tools as everyone else.

It takes some time and INNOVATION to succeed in Trading, as in any other field.

Do not underestimate work needed to get somekind of a reward out of Trading.

We all like a Challenge, don't we? ;)

Reason: