Market Rating Dependent on Product Price

Hello everyone

I discovered that the market rating now pretty significantly depends on the price of the product. I would like to offer EAs at an affordable price to my customers. However, the new ranking system gives me a much worse ranking for cheaper products. Thus, forcing me to drive the price up in order to gain more exposure in the market. This seems to be disadvantageous for both the buyer and seller of EAs. 

In this post from MetaQuotes in 2013 it says the following:

Expensive commercial products, as well as more affordable applications have an equal chance of occupying the leading positions in the list of top products.

Has this change been reverted within the last few weeks/months? 

Nevertheless, I decided to continue selling my products at an affordable price and have to accept the unfavourable ranking in the MQL5 market.

Changes in MQL5 Market Top Products Ranking System
Changes in MQL5 Market Top Products Ranking System
  • www.mql5.com
The list of Top products appeared in MQL5 Market since the service was established...

Ruben Octavio Gonzalez Aviles:

Hello everyone

I discovered that the market rating now pretty significantly depends on the price of the product. I would like to offer EAs at an affordable price to my customers. However, the new ranking system gives me a much worse ranking for cheaper products. Thus, forcing me to drive the price up in order to gain more exposure in the market. This seems to be disadvantageous for both the buyer and seller of EAs. 

Nevertheless, I decided to continue selling my products at an affordable price and have to accept the unfavourable ranking in the MQL5 market.

Don't know if it helps, but this has caused a lot of rethinking around how you sell your products. I'm still trying to find the best setup.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/375547

R

Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality
  • www.mql5.com
We have updated Market rules regarding product descriptions more than two months ago...

The quality of the source HTML code of product descriptions is started to be checked several days ago, and it may be related to the rating for example.
read more: post #25
  • www.mql5.com
We have updated Market rules regarding product descriptions more than two months ago...

Ruben Octavio Gonzalez Aviles:

Hello everyone

Is that so?

Reason: