how do I save a combined indicator as a MQL4 source file

I am currently making an EA based off my own strategy, in my strategy I have an indicator called the RSO. I can get two signals from it, one from the RSO line itself but the other is from adding a separate SMA to the RSO and looking for a cross (adding the SMA to the first indicators data). How do I save that combined indicator from my mt4 as a MLQ4 source file 

Kaden Ward: How do I save that combined indicator from my mt4 as a MLQ4 source file 

You don't. You add a buffer and populate it with the SMA. Learn to code.

William Roeder #:

You don't. You add a buffer and populate it with the SMA. Learn to code.

Thankyou! Anywhere I can go to learn how to do that?

Kaden Ward:
I am currently making an EA based off my own strategy, in my strategy I have an indicator called the RSO. I can get two signals from it, one from the RSO line itself but the other is from adding a separate SMA to the RSO and looking for a cross (adding the SMA to the first indicators data). How do I save that combined indicator from my mt4 as a MLQ4 source file 

It can be done. But one of 2 different indicators

#property indicator_separate_window

the other is

#property indicator_chart_window

or vice versa, you can take one as the basis and do the other with an object, not ARROW, but ARROW.

Mehmet Bastem #:

It can be done. But one of 2 different indicators

#property indicator_separate_window

the other is

#property indicator_chart_window

or vice versa, you can take one as the basis and do the other with an object, not ARROW, but ARROW.

Thankyou! I want to start with the RSO which is the #property indicator_seperate_window. William above suggested I add a buffer to this a populate it with the SMA, I am unsure how to do this and haven't been able to find any info on how to, could you show me or link me to a page where I could learn this please?

Kaden Ward #: Anywhere I can go to learn how to do that?

MT4: Learn to code it.

sounds like you want to use iMAOnArray, and put the ma on the rso. look in mql documents for iMAonArray.

and there will be indicators on codebase done, with ma on rso already done. look on codebase.

Revo Trades #:
sounds like you want to use iMAOnArray, and put the ma on the rso. look in mql documents for iMAonArray.
There are no indicators already with RSO + MA on code base. Would you be able to take me through this method please? 

William Roeder #:

MT4: Learn to code it.

Hey William. I have been messing around with the code and have partly got it. I am now facing an issue since my coded addition with a populated buffer looks different to dragging it onto the indicator on mt4 could you help me out please.

The indicator above is what It should look like, the indicator below is with the populated buffer (as you can see the MA line for the populated buffer one will not go below zero either)

(Attached the image as it isn't showing when pasted)
Files:
RSO.PNG  37 kb

Kaden Ward #:

i recommend that you search codebase for any "on array indicator" for mt4, and then insert your own rso code in the appropriate place, or look over the ma on array code and copy that into your rso indicator. OR pay a coder on freelance, that is: if you cant code it yourself.

Reason: