EA error question

What would be causing an error I am getting when price hits my tp1 it is supposed to take partials and leave the rest on the table active? Sometimes the EA performs this action correctly, but it has not done it correctly 2 of the last 3 days. What part of the code would need to be modified? Would this be an expensive fix? Or, is such an error related to something other than the EA. Or maybe even the magic number input

Clappy21:
What would be causing an error I am getting when price hits my tp1 it is supposed to take partials and leave the rest on the table active? Sometimes the EA performs this action correctly, but it has not done it correctly 2 of the last 3 days. What part of the code would need to be modified? Would this be an expensive fix? Or, is such an error related to something other than the EA. Or maybe even the magic number input

Do you really think that we can analyze your "error" based on your text??

Post the LOGs of the EXPERTS and JOURNAL tabs...

How on earth can we even take a guess in what it is going on...?

Is it your EA?  Did you code it? Did you purchase it?

Thank you, I will share the expert and journal log, I purchased this, I did not create/code it, the EA creator is suggesting it is not the EA, but we are unable to resolve it. I wasn't sure what you would need to analyze.

In this specific error, when price hit the level of tp1 14739.255, it closed the full trade rather than only closing out partials and allowing the remainder to continue to run. I had a similar error 2 days ago as well. On todays error, when it hit tp1 it closed the entire trade altogether, on the error 2 days ago when it hit tp1 it closed out partials properly, but then immediately afterwards closed out the remainder right around the same price as the partial was taken. This error came on a demo account on a vps, with a magic number not identical to another magic number on the vps.

Clappy21 #:

Thank you, I will share the expert and journal log, I purchased this, I did not create/code it, the EA creator is suggesting it is not the EA, but we are unable to resolve it. I wasn't sure what you would need to analyze.

In this specific error, when price hit the level of tp1 14739.255, it closed the full trade rather than only closing out partials and allowing the remainder to continue to run. I had a similar error 2 days ago as well. On todays error, when it hit tp1 it closed the entire trade altogether, on the error 2 days ago when it hit tp1 it closed out partials properly, but then immediately afterwards closed out the remainder right around the same price as the partial was taken. This error came on a demo account on a vps, with a magic number not identical to another magic number on the vps.

In any case it's the EA. If you paid for it, ask the coder to fix it. If he is not able to do it, find an other coder.

Alain Verleyen #:

In any case it's the EA. If you paid for it, ask the coder to fix it. If he is not able to do it, find an other coder.

Ty Alain, are you a coder yourself? If so, I am curious what you would charge to have a look at it and fix the mentioned erros.

Clappy21 #:
Ty Alain, are you a coder yourself? If so, I am curious what you would charge to have a look at it and fix the mentioned erros.
Not interested.
Reason: