Download MetaTrader 5

Strategy Tester to support OpenCL?

To add comments, please log in or register
Winsor Hoang
Winsor Hoang  
Does anyone know when strategy tester is to support OpenCL?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
waterhorse:
Does anyone know when strategy tester is to support OpenCL?
What do you mean? strategy tester is already supporting OpenCL. I didn't test though.
Winsor Hoang
Winsor Hoang  
angevoyageur:
What do you mean? strategy tester is already supporting OpenCL. I didn't test though.

Angevoyageur, thanks for your response. 

I have read several OpenCL articles on the MQL5 website and also notice several of your previous posting on them. It was rather strange that there were no article/thread with empirical results to proof that the improvement of strategy tester on EA using OpenCL. So far there are some MQL5 scripts on Pi calculations and generating fancy graph. I think that new articles are need to  demonstrate the effective of OpenCL for EA testing i.e. both strategy tester and optimization.     

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
waterhorse:

Angevoyageur, thanks for your response. 

I have read several OpenCL articles on the MQL5 website and also notice several of your previous posting on them. It was rather strange that there were no article/thread with empirical results to proof that the improvement of strategy tester on EA using OpenCL. So far there are some MQL5 scripts on Pi calculations and generating fancy graph. I think that new articles are need to  demonstrate the effective of OpenCL for EA testing i.e. both strategy tester and optimization.     

I think there is some misunderstandings.

If your EA use OpenCL to do some calculations in parallel, then you can use the Strategy Tester (and the Cloud) to test/optimize it.

But you can't hope to use your GPUs with the Strategy Tester for an all EAs which don't use OpenCL.

I hope I am clear.

To add comments, please log in or register