Ideology of the MetaTrader 5 trading strategy tester: Agents - page 2

shawnyau:

wooo..,it`s look great! hope we can test it soon

I am already thinking at a cheap upgrade for my rig: 

an ASUS DSBV-DX motherboard with 2 x Intel Xeon Quad Core E5405 2Ghz; I don't even know if they fit, but looks cheap!

this should result in an 8 core monster for the tester...

Great, How about accessing network over the internet ! well there be an online network for that to share our CPU Power? and how does that depends on the Internet speed?

The long wait is finally over! The latest build appears finally to include a functional strategy tester.

I do have a supplementary question though.  How do I let it loose on data going back 10 years or more, like I can with MT4? There still doesn't seem to be a "History Centre" or equivalent.

Jim

soulsurfer:

The long wait is finally over! The latest build appears finally to include a functional strategy tester.

I do have a supplementary question though.  How do I let it loose on data going back 10 years or more, like I can with MT4? There still doesn't seem to be a "History Centre" or equivalent.

Jim

Open monthly chart and scroll it.

Or use script like this, see bottom of page https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/series/timeseries_access 

Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / Organizing Data Access
  • www.mql5.com
Timeseries and Indicators Access / Organizing Data Access - Documentation on MQL5

Thanks Stringo. That's not terribly intuitive though if you're used to the MT4 way of doing things, and not very easy to find in the help either!

Jim

From build 275 we moved to the complete preliminary and automatic preparation of all data required for testing:

1. MetaTester: Added pumping of the entire available history of a tested symbol before the testing start.
  2. MetaTester: Added pumping of the entire available history of a tested symbol (including symbols required for calculations on cross rates) during the testing process, if there is not enough history required for testing.

This enables the automatic downloading of the required history by a single click on "Start", eliminating the need to manually download data. We've applied this approach, because any trader who uses strategy testing, surely uses all the available history of symbols.

For the first time, such a pumping can take quite much time. But further all other testings will be started instantly, because the entire history base will be available on the disk.

For your reference:

• A packed 1-minute history of one symbol for 10 years takes about 10-12 megabytes of network traffic.
  • The tester agent does not refer to trade servers, and works only with the trading terminal.
  • Each tester agent cashes the symbol history locally, downloading it from the trade terminal only once.
  • Each tester agent writes down the detailed information about the size of downloaded data into logs, so that traders could clearly see how traffic is spent.
  • The traffic counters of the terminal include the local traffic of connection with tester agents (so don't be frightened by the large numbers shown while you use tester - this is the local traffic).

Rosh :

From build 275 we moved to the complete preliminary and automatic preparation of all data required for testing:

1. MetaTester: Added pumping of the entire available history of a tested symbol before the testing start.
  2. MetaTester: Added pumping of the entire available history of a tested symbol (including symbols required for calculations on cross rates) during the testing process, if there is not enough history required for testing.

This enables the automatic downloading of the required history by a single click on "Start", eliminating the need to manually download data. We've applied this approach, because any trader who uses strategy testing, surely uses all the available history of symbols.

For the first time, such a pumping can take quite much time. But further all other testings will be started instantly, because the entire history base will be available on the disk.

For your reference:

• A packed 1-minute history of one symbol for 10 years takes about 10-12 megabytes of network traffic.
  • The tester agent does not refer to trade servers, and works only with the trading terminal.
  • Each tester agent cashes the symbol history locally, downloading it from the trade terminal only once.
  • Each tester agent writes down the detailed information about the size of downloaded data into logs, so that traders could clearly see how traffic is spent.
  • The traffic counters of the terminal include the local traffic of connection with tester agents (so don't be frightened by the large numbers shown while you use tester - this is the local traffic).
THank you, this change is very important.

Where can I download the MetaTester Agents Manager?

supercomputer :

Where can I download the MetaTester Agents Manager?

It is downloaded with updates. Just run metatester.exe from the folder where the client terminal is installed.

alexey_petrov:
It is downloaded with updates. Just run metatester.exe from the folder where the client terminal is installed.

Just found it!!!Thx

But no service agents appear on the list after I click Install...and still the same after i configure my router...anyone know what happen? 

Reason: