MT5 does not run on my PC anymore.

Hello i have a problem with MT5, I hopa anyone could help me somehow. Yesterday at some point i wasn't able anymore to put new orders on my MT5 platform, It went well on my telephone, but the platform on my PC din't work, so I closed it down and wanted to open it again and it didn't open anymore. I also tried to uninstall and install it a few times and still nothing. Has anyone a clue what could make that thing work? 

Hey. I am having the same problem this morning. I can not figure this out. 

ZanPeklar:

Hello i have a problem with MT5, I hopa anyone could help me somehow. Yesterday at some point i wasn't able anymore to put new orders on my MT5 platform, It went well on my telephone, but the platform on my PC din't work, so I closed it down and wanted to open it again and it didn't open anymore. I also tried to uninstall and install it a few times and still nothing. Has anyone a clue what could make that thing work? 

Many people reported this problem with the either antivirus or windows version (10 home instead of 10 pro) being the cause. Try disabling the antivirus.

Alexandre Borela #:
Many people reported this problem with the either antivirus or windows version (10 home instead of 10 pro) being the cause. Try disabling the antivirus.

Wow. I had avast and uninstalled it. It worked. Thank you for your help! Any antivirus that you recommend that will not cause any future issues?

Alexandre Borela #:
I got W10Pro i think so it has to be antivirus, will try thanks.

I turned off my antivirus, I'm using AVG and now it works. Thanks for the help.

Same problem after installing new copy to the external usb (before updating working version)! Antivirus is not the reason. Typical programming errors. I recheck errors in the regedit.exe...  My working profile is damaged now.

Completely lagging program.

It was great a signal for me - use only good soft. I have no any problem with motive and cqg over the last six months.

I highly recommend DON'T upgrade or install ##:

VER 5
BUILD 3037
09 SEP 2021

VER 5
BUILD 3038
10 SEP 2021

same problem , reinstall don't work.

Disabling or adding exception to Avast solves problem.

I am posting this information once again
(because as I see - the users are still experimenting with their old Windows versions with some/old antivirus installed for trying to install beta versions of Metatrader instead of using new/modern Windows with stable MT5 build 2980 for example):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

My trading platform shut down alone

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.08 01:18

Some users reported yesterday about their antivirus issue.
read post , post  , post , post and post

• How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page
  • Limitations to use old builds of MT4/MT5 or old versions of Windows (incl antivirus issue): this page

I encounter the same problem and adding exception to my antivirus (AVG) solved the problem

I am using 360 Total Security antivirus (free version as well as paid/premum version) for my 3 computers, and I never had/have any issue with this antivirus.
For information.
Reason: