Call Custom Indicator

Hello guys. Have a situation with calling a iCustom indicator in EA. Actually I have two custom indicators in this EA, both are working, but the problem is that one of the indicators is taking the settings from the indicator, and if I change the settings at the EA input, it will not have any efect. It will still keep settings from the indicator. 

For the working indicator index looks like this:

SetIndexBuffer(0, ind_buffer1);

For the other one which is not working is like this :

SetIndexBuffer(0,xxx,INDICATOR_DATA);

Do I call it wrong?

Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators / iCustom
  • www.mql5.com
iCustom - Technical Indicators - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

hi..ive downloaded an indicators so my question is how do i add them to my mt5?

Boniface Sethatho #:
hi..ive downloaded an indicators so my question is how do i add them to my mt5?

If you mean Codebase free indicators you download them and you paste them into your MT4/5 >> File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4/5 >> Indicators folder.

If you mean Market purchased indicators, login into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab, with your bonifaceseth login and NOT your email or any other and you will find them under Purchased in the Market tab of the Terminal/Toolbox window.

Daniel cioca:

Hello guys. Have a situation with calling a iCustom indicator in EA. Actually I have two custom indicators in this EA, both are working, but the problem is that one of the indicators is taking the settings from the indicator, and if I change the settings at the EA input, it will not have any efect. It will still keep settings from the indicator. 

For the working indicator index looks like this:

SetIndexBuffer(0, ind_buffer1);

For the other one which is not working is like this :

SetIndexBuffer(0,xxx,INDICATOR_DATA);

Do I call it wrong?

Nobody ??

Reason: