Download MetaTrader 5

Cannot open CSV in a common place

To add comments, please log in or register
Have you just installed MetaTrader 5? Learn it in details!
Marcelo Coutinho
Marcelo Coutinho 2014.11.16 14:39 

Good Afternoon !

Can someone please give a clue of the problem I am facing open the CSV file outside the regular MQL5 structure ?

filename returns C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\youbotg9.csv

fileHandle returns -1

Thank you very much

string commondata_path = TerminalInfoString(TERMINAL_COMMONDATA_PATH);
string filename = commondata_path + "\\Files\\youbotg9.csv";
Print(filename);

int  fileHandle=FileOpen(filename,FILE_COMMON|FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,",");
Print(fileHandle);
FileSeek(fileHandle,0,SEEK_END);
FileWrite(fileHandle,"OFF");
FileClose(fileHandle);
Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan 2014.11.16 15:00  
YouTrade:

Good Afternoon !

Can someone please give a clue of the problem I am facing open the CSV file outside the regular MQL5 structure ?

filename returns C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\youbotg9.csv

fileHandle returns -1

Thank you very much

dont use whole addres, just use filename instead. Replace with this :

string filename = youbotg9.csv";
Marcelo Coutinho
Marcelo Coutinho 2014.11.16 15:12  
belido:

dont use whole addres, just use filename instead. Replace with this :

Belido,

Thank you for answering.

If I only use the filename, it will work but will save the file @ the regular MQL5 Terminal structure.

I need to save it in a public location since more MT5 instances will be looking for it.

Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan 2014.11.16 16:00  
YouTrade:

Belido,

Thank you for answering.

If I only use the filename, it will work but will save the file @ the regular MQL5 Terminal structure.

I need to save it in a public location since more MT5 instances will be looking for it.

If you dont include the folder name, since you use |FILE_COMMON tag, it WILL write in  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\youbotg9.csv as your previous question. If I am not wrong, it wont write other then the common folder or MT5 folder itself.
Marcelo Coutinho
Marcelo Coutinho 2014.11.16 16:15  
belido:
If you dont include the folder name, since you use |FILE_COMMON tag, it WILL write in  C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files\youbotg9.csv as your previous question. If I am not wrong, it wont write other then the common folder or MT5 folder itself.
Checking ...
Marcelo Coutinho
Marcelo Coutinho 2014.11.16 16:31  

Well ... Please accept my apologies but sometimes it does not work.

Two situations are happening now:

(1)   When file does not exist, it gives me an error 5004 (File not found). I understand FileOpen() creates a file when it does not exist.

(2)   When I manually create the file, script runs with no problems but writes nothing in the file. 

When you run @ the regular MQL5 Files folder, it runs perfectly. 

int fileHandle=FileOpen("youbotg9.csv",FILE_COMMON|FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_CSV,",");

if(fileHandle==INVALID_HANDLE)
     {
      Print("INVALID HANDLE: ",GetLastError());
      ResetLastError();
     }
   else
     {
      FileSeek(fileHandle,0,SEEK_END);
      FileWrite(fileHandle,"OFF");
      FileClose(fileHandle);
      Print("FILE CREATED OFF");
     }

Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan 2014.11.16 16:36  
YouTrade:

Well ... Please accept my apologies but sometimes it does not work.

Two situations are happening now:

(1)   When file does not exist, it gives me an error 5004 (File not found). I understand FileOpen() creates a file when it does not exist.

(2)   When I manually create the file, script runs with no problems but writes nothing in the file. 

When you run @ the regular MQL5 Files folder, it runs perfectly. 

No problem

Perhaps you miss |FILE_WRITE and/or |FILE_READ tag. Just add this tag. It is not same with FILE_SHARE.

Marcelo Coutinho
Marcelo Coutinho 2014.11.16 16:50  
belido:

No problem

Perhaps you miss |FILE_WRITE and/or |FILE_READ tag. Just add this tag. It is not same with FILE_SHARE.

Working now !

The only thing that is not clear to me is keeping the file CSV file open while running the script to add ON and OFF makes no difference.

I understood we need FILE_SHARE to read/write the csv file to avoid getting an error while another instance of MT5 is using it.

Anyway ... You gave me a good start ... I will test tomorrow running with some MT5 instances to understand the difference between FILE and FILE_SHARE

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards 

Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan 2014.11.16 16:58  
YouTrade:

Working now !

The only thing that is not clear to me is keeping the file CSV file open while running the script to add ON and OFF makes no difference.

I understood we need FILE_SHARE to read/write the csv file to avoid getting an error while another instance of MT5 is using it.

Anyway ... You gave me a good start ... I will test tomorrow running with some MT5 instances to understand the difference between FILE and FILE_SHARE

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards 

You are welcome. I am also still learing MQL part that interesting to me. I also ask here when I got stuck.
To add comments, please log in or register