Exchange quotes from mt5 to mt4

Is it possible to have a script that reads quotes from mt5 sends the quotes to a local server, say TCP server, where another script from MT4 reads the quotes and displays in chart?

I want to read volatility index quotes from mt5 and send quotes to mt4 where i can use mt4 indicators

Yes if you code TX and RX scripts.

You can also use XML feeds directly for price data.

James Gatimu: Is it possible to have a script that reads quotes from mt5 sends the quotes to a local server, say TCP server, where another script from MT4 reads the quotes and displays in chart?

I want to read volatility index quotes from mt5 and send quotes to mt4 where i can use mt4 indicators

If it is all on one PC or a local windows file sharing network, you don't even need to use TCP server. You can have MT5 directly create and write to standard MT4 HST files which can then be opened via Offline Charts and have them update in real-time.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If it is all on one PC or a local windows file sharing network, you don't even need to use TCP server. You can have MT5 directly create and write to standard MT4 HST files which can then be opened via Offline Charts and have them update in real-time.

Hello, Fernando. May you explain or point a documentation/tutorial about how to proceed with that? I am looking for weeks for something similar.

b2tradingclub #: Hello, Fernando. May you explain or point a documentation/tutorial about how to proceed with that? I am looking for weeks for something similar.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help!

b2tradingclub #:
Hello, Fernando. May you explain or point a documentation/tutorial about how to proceed with that? I am looking for weeks for something similar.

Dear Fernando, how are you? Hope you fine. I have no found the file PeriodConverter in my MT5 installation.

@b2tradingclub #: Dear Fernando, how are you? Hope you fine. I have no found the file PeriodConverter in my MT5 installation.

Every single one of the references given was for MT4, not MT5.

• Analyse the source code for "MQL4\Scripts\PeriodConverter.mq4"
Reason: