Discussion of article "MQL5 Wizard: New Version" - page 2

Hi,

i have a doubt in the article, please look at the market one, from were we get the wright is 0.4 and 8.8 from were you get it ?

Option 2.

The price has crossed downwards a rising MA indicator. This corresponds to one of market patterns implying price growth, which is embedded in the MA module. Its significance is 10. At the same time, Stochastic oscillator has turned down and formed a divergence with the price. This is a pattern implying price fall, which is implemented in the Stochastic module . The significance of this pattern is 80.

Calculate the result of the final vote. The weighted forecast, obtained from the MA module, is calculated as 0.4 * 10 = 4. The weighted forecast of the Stochastic module is calculated as 0.8 * (-80) = -64. The final forecast is calculated as the arithmetic mean of the two weighted predictions: (4 - 64)/2 = -30. This is a signal to sell with the conditional power of 30. The threshold value of 20 has been reached. Accordingly, the result is a signal to open a short position. 

Thank you

suresh 

surubabs:

suresh 

• When citing an article, would you use Quotation format (ctrl+3), you can also use the Pocket tool.
  • 0.4 and 0.8 are the weight of each signal, you have to read the article closely :

The forecast of each advisor within the module goes to the vote with the weight factor from 0 to 1.0, which is specified in its settings ("Weight").

Suppose there is an Expert Advisor with ThresholdOpen=20 and ThresholdClose=90. Signal modules based on MA with a weight of 0.4 and Stochastic with a weight of 0.8 are involved in making a trade decision...

Thank You...for the answers...also i want to trade in forex in Yamarkets using Meta Trader 5.

Hi,

I have a question.

In tab Overview, I see 'Complete optimization', 'Generic optimization' and 'Forward optimization', which one do you suggest?

I downloaded your code of sample.mq5, compiled it and set up all the input parameters for optimization as indicated in Figure 12. 

I chose 'Complete optimization' and lauched 'Start'. 

Unfortunately I got message in 'Journal'

2020.08.23 05:25:54.552 Tester register MQL5.community account and use MQL5 Cloud Network to speed up optimizations

2020.08.23 05:25:54.562 Tester optimization by "Custom max" criterion not started, no OnTester function in "MQL5\Experts\Ksana\sample.ex5"

It seems your code missing OnTester.

George

Files:
input.png  27 kb

Hi

After I posted, I found out the answer to my question.

I carefully fill in the tab 'Settings'.

The timeframe has to be the same of the code -- M10

Date changed to 2018.1.1 - 2019.1.1

Optimization is selected to Slow complete optimization and balance max.

George

Hi, I read this article two times.It is a little bit complicated, maybe its better to write another article, anyway.

and previously, I had read this article : https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/226 which explained how to write a signal module ourselves.

my question specifically is:

with the introduction of these new stuff ( I mean, voting an threshold stuff), has anything changed about creating a custom signal module (which is explained in this article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/226) ?

I learned how to write a custom signal module, but with the introduction of these new stuffs (voting, threshold and ...) I'm not sure whether anything has changed about creating a custom module or not

Reason: