Windows 10 Keeps deleting Strategy tester after heavy load - page 4

As far as I know, when renaming the strategy tester exe file and manually registering the services in Windows, Updates will not alter these Files and therefore the here mentioned issue is gone. Also the strategy tester will not get updated anymore, this needs to be done manually for the renamed exe files.

Also the strategy tester manager app from metaquotes is bypassed. This will additionally allow you to have testers run on hyperthreaded cores as well.

Drawback is as stated, it needs manual care taking from there on.

Dominik Egert:
As far as I know, when renaming the strategy tester exe file and manually registering the services in Windows, Updates will not alter these Files and therefore the here mentioned issue is gone. Also the strategy tester will not get updated anymore, this needs to be done manually for the renamed exe files.

Also the strategy tester manager app from metaquotes is bypassed. This will additionally allow you to have testers run on hyperthreaded cores as well.

Drawback is as stated, it needs manual care taking from there on.

do i get paid for use of my cores when i install them manually? or do i have to use the manager to get paid? I ask because I have noticed that when using the manager and gui installer, it only installs 4 services, while my cpu is amd 8320 which has 8 threads. But I can manually install all 8. But I want to sell the use of my cores, so do i have to use the manager to get paid for their use?

I don't know.

dseeker:

I have been trying to dance around window 10 automatic deletion for months. I've disabled the Anti virus and all security features and yet after a period of heavy activity from the tester, the application is silently removed, no notifications or anything

Any ideas what else can be done to prevent windows from deleting the agents?

I may have found your problem and what caused it. I manually installed 4 more agents on my AMD FX 8320 8 core cpu, computer because the the manager only installs 4. But after a day or so, the manager was deleted from my 2nd computer, I believe this is the same as your issue. So... I am guessing that you have installed too many agents on your computer. the manager was not deleted immeditately but it was only a day or so after. And this also matches with John Halls comment above.

dseeker:

I have been trying to dance around window 10 automatic deletion for months. I've disabled the Anti virus and all security features and yet after a period of heavy activity from the tester, the application is silently removed, no notifications or anything

Any ideas what else can be done to prevent windows from deleting the agents?

did you fix your issue?

After researching the net for strategy tester, I decided to manually install more agents. I then found out that the manager would uninstall all the agents, and/or delete itself after 2 days or after a reboot, not always, 1 or more of those events happened always after I manually installed more agents, whether i sold them or had them for free usage. I then, noticed that after i let the manager install the agents, that in task manager, 1 or more of the agent services had 2 beside the service name, and noticed that there was 2 services with the same name below that. And then the next day, all were uninstalled and the manager was also deleted. So, I let manager install again, noticed the 2 beside the service again, i then opened the manager, selected the service that had the number 2 in task amanger, right clicked it in the strategy tester manager, uninstalled the agent, and after 10 seconds or so, even tho it had a red x, i noticed that the agent was still listed in task manger, so i right clicked it again in strategy tester manager, uninstalled it again, and presto! i didnt have that agent number in task manager now, so then I installed a new agent, and the agent showed in task manager without the 2 beside it, and now has been running without any deleting for 4 days now.

I hope this helps someone.

my posting regarding this

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/375384#comment_23965126

Cloud service installed 4 core services, but i have 8 cores.
Cloud service installed 4 core services, but i have 8 cores.
  • www.mql5.com
I have AMD 8320 cpu, (8 cores), but mt5 strategy tester has only installed 4. How do I manually install the remainder services...

no more issues since that last msg, now 2 weeks ago, plus 4 days.

Reason: