i set Indicator to show on one time frame, but it still shows on all time frames(?)

there is a bug that causes indicators selected to show on specific time frames to show on all time frames

tried with different indis, same results. even the pre-installed spread indicator

this is extremely frustrating

any suggestions?

always need left  the some timeframe for showing of indicators.

ALXIMIKS:
always need left  the some timeframe for showing of indicators.
can you explain i don't understand

grrbear:

there is a bug that causes indicators selected to show on specific time frames to show on all time frames

tried with different indis, same results. even the pre-installed spread indicator

this is extremely frustrating

any suggestions?

If you mean when you set up an indicator, and in visualization tab you only select specific timeframe, then it works for me (that indicator only shown on that selected timeframe).

belido:
If you mean when you set up an indicator, and in visualization tab you only select specific timeframe, then it works for me (that indicator only shown on that selected timeframe).

what happens is it will be visible on all time frames until i edit it and then it will disappear on all time frames but the ones selected. but this means i have to do an edit to each of the indicators anytime i want to save the template(!) actually two edits to each because i have to change the edit back again. i cannot really do much of anything unless i remove the indicators i guess(?) the mt4 moving average does not do this but a bunch of others do including at least one of the other mt4 indicators

i use multi-time frame charts so i need to save a template on one chart and then load it on all charts. i choose to keep a few basic indicators like spread and adr only show on one chart and this whole double-edit re-saving thing makes it impossible to use

here is an example: for the spread indicator which i set to only show on the monthly chart, will show up on all charts when the template is loaded

can someone please help this is a serious issue

Files:

grrbear:

here is an example: for the spread indicator which i set to only show on the monthly chart, will show up on all charts when the template is loaded

can someone please help this is a serious issue

Set the visualization first then save to a template. It means that save to the template is the last action. Afterwards you can use the template.

belido:
Set the visualization first then save to a template. It means that save to the template is the last action. Afterwards you can use the template.
yes this is what i am doing but it does not work

grrbear:
yes this is what i am doing but it does not work
I dont know what is wrong with your MT4, but it works here on my MT4.

belido:
I dont know what is wrong with your MT4, but it works here on my MT4.

do you have the indicator 'spread' to test? this one came with mt4 from pepperstone

other indicators like moving average work ok but many others do not work

this has been happening a while now on different installs of mt4 and on different computers so i don't think it is just my mt4

grrbear:

do you have the indicator 'spread' to test? this one came with mt4 from pepperstone

other indicators like moving average work ok but many others do not work

this has been happening a while now on different installs of mt4 and on different computers so i don't think it is just my mt4
no, I tested it with standard bolinger band indicator and another non-standard one.
Reason: