Using #resource - page 2

Eduardo Linares:

No WinAPI calls in code.  I have other EA coded somewhere mid 2020 with the same custom indicators and at that time compiler included custom indicators inside EA and still works fine on VPS.  Now it does not include in compilation.

We all know that metatrader update the code every other week so I am just wondering if something change in compiler. Probably a work around this is to just load both custom indicators and EA in the chart and then migrate to VPS, but I dont see the point of loading indicators in a chart into a VPS that doesnt even have a monitor screen to watch.

thanks

Here are the files so you can check.  I am no seller in market so this is my contribution, I do this to learn and help each other. Indicators are public in code base and EA is coded the way I learned here. Thanks

Files:

I missed a file

Eduardo Linares:

Ok here I go again.  This used to work a few months ago.

Not tried using  #resource "\\Indicators\\SampleIndicator.ex5" yet.  Thanks for your patience.

If you are using ocean nms from here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/30331, then the name of the called indicator in the iCustom() call is wrong

Same for the Bollinger bands squeeze (you have left out the 3 "_" from the name)

Ocean theory - natural market slope
  • www.mql5.com

Eduardo Linares :

Here are the files so you can check.  I am no seller in market so this is my contribution, I do this to learn and help each other. Indicators are public in code base and EA is coded the way I learned here. Thanks

Your Expert Advisor ( WPR EA 1.mq5 ) starts up, no problem.

Vladimir Karputov:

Your Expert Advisor ( WPR EA 1.mq5 ) starts up, no problem.

Did you try send it to VPS ?, this is when I get the problem. It run good in my terminal but not in VPS.

Eduardo Linares :

Did you try send it to VPS ?, this is when I get the problem. It run good in my terminal but not in VPS.

What is VPS in your understanding?

Mladen Rakic:

If you are using ocean nms from here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/30331, then the name of the called indicator in the iCustom() call is wrong

Same for the Bollinger bands squeeze (you have left out the 3 "_" from the name)

I renamed the files and left blank spaces instead of _ or ()

It works in my terminal with no errors, the problem is when migration to mql5 VPS.

Great indicators by the way!!

Vladimir Karputov:

What is VPS in your understanding?

is the service offered by mql5 VPS to run 24/7 your EA

Eduardo Linares :

is the service offered by mql5 VPS to run 24/7 your EA

An exe file is sent to the hosting - custom indicators are not sent. So you need (for custom indicators) to use #resource.

This has been tested and it works.

Vladimir Karputov:

An exe file is sent to the hosting - custom indicators are not sent. So you need (for custom indicators) to use #resource.

This has been tested and it works.

Ok, can you send me or point me to an example of code using #resource I get confused about \\ and :: etc

Thanks

Reason: