Master EA trying to prioritize and rotate 28 Slave EA's

I have had no luck with MUTEX so I thought this might work. I wrote a ''Master" ea that cycles through my 10 preferred symbols three times each before moving on to the 18 lesser symbols.

The code writes to a global variable every half a second, each time representing the next symbol in the hierarchy. When on of the "Slave" EA's has in incoming tick it checks to see if the global variable matches the symbol. If so the code is run, if not the code returns.

I know this is a system full of holes but I don't want the EA's placing more trades than the four that I want as a limit.

Here is the "Master" and "Slave" code:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Files:
masterEA.mq4  6 kb
slaveEA.mq4  4 kb

xazarlx20: I have had no luck with MUTEX

“no luck” is meaningless — just like saying no luck with the car. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          When asking about code

See my Mutex.
          Prevent EA from opening trades at the same time across two or more pairs? (Steve) - MQL4 programming forum 2016.06.21

William Roeder:

“no luck” is meaningless — just like saying no luck with the car. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
          When asking about code

See my Mutex.
          Prevent EA from opening trades at the same time across two or more pairs? (Steve) - MQL4 programming forum 2016.06.21

Which part of "No Luck" is meaningless to you? Each of those words have meaning and together they also have meaning. Maybe it is the reader who is devoid of meaning?

William Roeder:

When asking about code

See my Mutex.

Speaking of meaningless ... The code you pointed to, "Mutex.mqh", is meaningless to me, especially without the dependencies called for in it's header. Maybe nice code if it was complete.

mql4 question on mql4 section please.

Alain Verleyen:
mql4 question on mql4 section please.

I could not find that section anywhere! Every search I tried landed me here. Could you give me a link please?

xazarlx20: I could not find that section anywhere! Every search I tried landed me here. Could you give me a link please?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Please i Need help i want to code a delay waiting seconds

Fernando Carreiro, 2021.04.24 23:49

The forum is divided into sections. It is the last one of the list:

• General
  • Trading Systems
  • Trading stocks, futures, options and other exchange instruments
  • Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
  • Technical Indicators
  • Articles, Library comments
  • MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
This, your thread, is in the "Expert Advisors and Automated Trading" section (see above).

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.

I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/mql4

Thank You Keith!
Reason: