Trailing stop won't work on my MQL5 VPS

Hello, I do not understand, I am using an expert advisor hosted on MQL5 VPS which is supposed to have the trailing stop set, but when it should be triggered it does not. I read that you have to keep your MT5 instance open at all times for trailing stop orders to pass. So if I understood correctly, for the trailing stop order to pass, my personal computer must be on permanently? Because of this, the use of a VPS is theorically unnecessary ... Or the error came from me and I would not have activated a feature of MT5 ? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Quentin Alexis Hugo Maillard: Hello, I do not understand, I am using an expert advisor hosted on MQL5 VPS which is supposed to have the trailing stop set, but when it should be triggered it does not. I read that you have to keep your MT5 instance open at all times for trailing stop orders to pass. So if I understood correctly, for the trailing stop order to pass, my personal computer must be on permanently? Because of this, the use of a VPS is theorically unnecessary ... Or the error came from me and I would not have activated a feature of MT5 ? Thanks in advance for your answers.

There is definitely a mix-up here that requires further details and research.

1. If you are using an EA specifically for applying trailing-stop, that does not require any manual intervention for it to activate or be triggered, then you can put it up on a VPS and it should work. If it does not, then either the settings are incorrect on the EA is faulty and needs to be fixed.
  2. If the EA, requires manual intervention in order for it to activate or be triggered, then a VPS is probably not the best option. I say probably, because it depends on how you trade manually and how long you want to keep the trade going. For long term or medium term trading, where the trailing stop will be in effect for a long time, then a VPS my be useful. It depends and you will need to clarify some details for us.
  3. If you are day trading manually with a short-term strategy and the trailing EA requires constant intervention, then a VPS will just be a waste of time and money for you.
  4. If you are using MetaTrader's own trailing stop mechanism (not an EA), then you will need to leave the terminal running at all times and a VPS will be of no use.
Reason: