purchased <deleted> - page 3

kay3bee #:

The seller has promised to give me 2 extra activation.He said he wants a confirmation that my issue is resolved before adding it.

Please I need this issue of activation disappearing to be resolved who can help me resolve it?

I still do not think the seller can add extra activations...

you say he added 3 extra and they disappeared but did you actually see them before they disappeared?

or are you saying they disappeared because you never saw them? in which case they are not disappearing..

kay3bee #: The seller has promised to give me 2 extra activation.He said he wants a confirmation that my issue is resolved before adding it. Please I need this issue of activation disappearing to be resolved who can help me resolve it?

It's impossible for us to help you if you don't provide details of what you are actually doing on your end. Provide details, provide screenshots.

1. What MetaTrader version and what build?
  2. What operating system and version?
  3. Show us the Journal log output of a successfully login of your MQL4 Community account.
  4. Show as a screenshot of the page on MetaTrader of the Market tab, showing the buttons hat are available for the install/activation?
  5. Show us a screenshot of your website profile where the purchase appears and how many activations are available there.
  6. etc.
We cannot read your mind nor see your computer, so in other words help us help you.

I did not see the additional 3 activation but I saw that the initial  5 activation increased to 8 but never saw it.I only knew that he added extra 3 when he told me.

kay3bee #:
I did not see the additional 3 activation but I saw that the initial  5 activation increased to 8 but never saw it.I only knew that he added extra 3 when he told me.

Well that makes sense because as I said before, I think the number of activations is locked at time of purchase. The seller increasing or decreasing the number of activations after that only impacts new purchases so you cannot be allocated more and therefore you don't have disappearing activations.

kay3bee #:

If a seller increases the number of activations in a product, those don't apply to already purchased licences, but only to new buyers.

@Eleni Anna Branou #: If a seller increases the number of activations in a product, those don't apply to already purchased licences, but only to new buyers.

Eleni, can you please confirm that? If I increase the number of activations on my product, lets say from 5 to 8, will the customers who bought before the increase not be gifted with an extra 3 activations?

Are you saying the the older customers will remain at 5 and only the new customers get 8?

I once asked about this indirectly when changing from a "Free" to "Paid" and you said the the existing "Free" users would then be limited by the number of activations of the "Paid" version, so I assumed that would be the case for any future equivalent changes to number of activations too.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Eleni, can you please confirm that? If I increase the number of activations on my product, lets say from 5 to 8, will the customers who bought before the increase not be gifted with an extra 3 activations?

Are you saying the the older customers will remain at 5 and only the new customers get 8?

I once asked about this indirectly when changing from a "Free" to "Paid" and you said the the existing "Free" users would then be limited by the number of activations of the "Paid" version, so I assumed that would be the case for any future equivalent changes to number of activations too.

I see in my purchases Fernando, products that I downloaded them when they were free and now I read in my purchase list: Activations left: 4 of 5.

So, free products that are turned to paid products are bound to the activations the seller gives.

As for the increased number of activations, after a purchase, I read in the Market rules:

• The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

I assume that the same applies if the number of activation increase, unless I am wrong.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I see in my purchases Fernando, products that I downloaded them when they were free and now I read in my purchase list: Activations left: 4 of 5.

So, free products that are turned to paid products are bound to the activations the seller gives.

As for the increased number of activations, after a purchase, I read in the Market rules:

• The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

I assume that the same applies if the number of activation increase, unless I am wrong.

I think you are right.  Plus it makes complete sense

Paul Anscombe #:
I think you are right.  Plus it makes complete sense

Yeah that's actually pretty solid . Kudos on MQ

Eleni Anna Branou #: I see in my purchases Fernando, products that I downloaded them when they were free and now I read in my purchase list: Activations left: 4 of 5. So, free products that are turned to paid products are bound to the activations the seller gives. As for the increased number of activations, after a purchase, I read in the Market rules: The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware + OS configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards. I assume that the same applies if the number of activation increase, unless I am wrong.
Thank you Eleni, for the clarification!
Reason: