fix trend line

Hi.

Is It possible fix trend line? This way, If I graphic moves, trendline stays at same place I putted.

Jhennifher :

Hi.

Is It possible fix trend line ? This way, If I graphic moves, trendline stays at same place I putted.

What exactly are you going to fix? The trend line ( OBJ_TREND ) does not require any corrections.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types / OBJ_TREND
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types / OBJ_TREND
  • www.mql5.com
OBJ_TREND - Object Types - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Jhennifher:

Hi.

Is It possible fix trend line? This way, If I graphic moves, trendline stays at same place I putted.

Fix can also mean repair, but here I assume that you mean to stay in place in the way that a label does.

A label is anchored by pixel co-ordinates, a trend-line is anchored by time and price, so it will always move with the chart.

It would be possible to "fix" the trend-line position, but it would be quite complicated.

I don't see why you would want this. Once a trend-line is not ancored by time and price, it is no longer a  trend-line, but simply a line on the chart.

Keith Watford:

Fix can also mean repair, but here I assume that you mean to stay in place in the way that a label does.

A label is anchored by pixel co-ordinates, a trend-line is anchored by time and price, so it will always move with the chart.

It would be possible to "fix" the trend-line position, but it would be quite complicated.

I don't see why you would want this. Once a trend-line is not ancored by time and price, it is no longer a  trend-line, but simply a line on the chart.

Vladimir Karputov:

What exactly are you going to fix? The trend line ( OBJ_TREND ) does not require any corrections.

Hi. Fix I mean freeze position of this trend on chart.

Keith Watford:

Hi, tks for your attention; yes, I mean stay in place, pin.

It is exactly what I want.

I know I cant do It with a vertical or horizontal line.

But I wish the same to a trend line, or as you say, a simply line on chart.

I am not aware of any way to do that. But somebody else who is cleverer than I may well have done it with canvas or something like that..

I have an idea: open a terminal, open a chart and use FLOMASTER to draw a line on the monitor! Now the line will always be in one place :)

Vladimir Karputov:
I have an idea: open a terminal, open a chart and use FLOMASTER to draw a line on the monitor! Now the line will always be in one place :)

Hi, tks for you attention. Is that a program or a pencil?

Jhennifher: Hi, tks for you attention. Is that a program or a pencil?
I believe it was an attempt at humor - a joke!

Fernando Carreiro:
I believe it was an attempt at humor - a joke!

Hi, It really seems this...hahahha

Reason: