VPS MT5

Hi, can somebody explain me why on more than one occasion, one of default EA on MT5 through the MT5 VPS opened suddently position in breakouts on opposite side causing me losses in more than one occasion...??? thanks

.....(I know how vps migration work, thanks,  is not my question)

to explain myself better, the robot opened the position on the wrong direction in the exact moment of the breakout shooting up going so  against me

I know occasionally bot may fail, but this look to me like if was done on purpose. does anybody had this sort of downfall?

MT5 VPS is Metatrader (yes, MQL5 VPS is your "second Metatrader in cloud").
If some EA opened the trade on this VPS (and you can confirm it by VPS journal) so it means that you synchronized/migrated the open chart with this EA (and yoyu can confirm it in VPS journal).
You can remove this EA or change the settings of this EA on this VPS by providing the other migration.

Please check some general information below:

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

Quick questions on MQL5 VPS (Syncing and Activations)
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/337526

more - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508

• www.mql5.com
I have 2 live MT5 accounts with my broker. I want to create 2 virtual servers (2 VPS's from MQL5) one for each account...

ECG:
Hi, can somebody explain me why on more than one occasion, one of default EA on MT5 through the MT5 VPS opened suddently position in breakouts on opposite side causing me losses in more than one occasion...??? thanks

Nothing is done by itself, if some EA opened trades on your account, you must have placed it on the chart and migrated it to MQL5 VPS, otherwise it wouldn't be active.

Check your terminal and MQL5 VPS Journals to find out what has happened.

Hello everyone, please immediately after migrating my EA to mt5 VPS, i noticed my EA starts placing double trade instead of one.  Somebody please help solve this

100356240 #:

Hello everyone, please immediately after migrating my EA to mt5 VPS, i noticed my EA starts placing double trade instead of one.  Somebody please help solve this

WARNING: After you've synchronized your trading environment with your MQL5 VPS, you DO NOT NEED TO CLICK THE AUTO TRADING BUTTON AGAIN in your local Metatrader terminal, because if you do, you will trade with your Expert Advisor twice!