"no memory" when running genetic algorithm tests - page 2

Alain Verleyen
42646

Rafael Caetano Pinto:
...

NOTICE: the memory problem related to download several symbol history data in background remains.

I got a answer, a Metaquotes developer is investigating.
fobot
16
fobot  
I have this same issue - was there ever a fix/solution for this? It seems that the strategy tester takes a long time to flush the memory. On a small optimization it ran the first pass and then the next 2 fail. The 4 pass ran successfully and then the next 2 passes failed, with the 7th pass also running successfully.
fobot
16
fobot  

As an update as this may help other people - this issue has made my computer crash many times while trying to run the optimization. I started removing newer code to see if that would help and eventually rolled back to code from last month that I knew worked (I document everything so can see all the optimizations I ran with this code, so knew it worked before). I ran this same code and it too failed. This indicated to me that the issue was not with my code, so I decided to try the code in a different MT5 instance, on the same machine (I have a few). To my surprise when running the latest code it used hardly any memory on a standard back test and used less than 42GB on the same optimization that maxed out the memory and eventually crashed the machine on the other terminal. The builds are different. The one that works is "Version: 5.00 build 2981 21 Jun 2021" and the one that does not is "Version: 5.00 build 3069 11 Oct 2021". I therefore conclude that this is an issue with this build and maybe some others.

Sorry, if this is not directly related to the original topic - I originally thought it was and now I am not sure it is.

Nguyen Phuong Hoang
820
fobot #:

As an update as this may help other people - this issue has made my computer crash many times while trying to run the optimization. I started removing newer code to see if that would help and eventually rolled back to code from last month that I knew worked (I document everything so can see all the optimizations I ran with this code, so knew it worked before). I ran this same code and it too failed. This indicated to me that the issue was not with my code, so I decided to try the code in a different MT5 instance, on the same machine (I have a few). To my surprise when running the latest code it used hardly any memory on a standard back test and used less than 42GB on the same optimization that maxed out the memory and eventually crashed the machine on the other terminal. The builds are different. The one that works is "Version: 5.00 build 2981 21 Jun 2021" and the one that does not is "Version: 5.00 build 3069 11 Oct 2021". I therefore conclude that this is an issue with this build and maybe some others.

Sorry, if this is not directly related to the original topic - I originally thought it was and now I am not sure it is.

For temporary solution, we can restart meta trader, or restart computer, or re-install Meta trader will fix it