Contracts indicator

Hi community,

I am new here, starting to play around with MT4 and it looks great. I usually trade the forex market and sometimes the FTSE100 index. My question is about the index.

I was wondering, since the FTSE100 is supposed to be a regulated index by Eurex, would it be possible to get some sort of  "contracts" indicator?...understanding by contracts indicator an estimation (or infer/calculate), while a candle in ongoing (1H, 4H, etc) if contracts traded are more buy contracts or sell contracts. I am not sure about this, but I think that, as a regulated instrument, this info is maybe available somehow??

I am asking because, to my understanding, this is not the same as the traditional Volume Indicator, which only gives an average "tick count" if I am not wrong....Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Pedro Sanchez: I am new here, starting to play around with MT4 and it looks great. I usually trade the forex market and sometimes the FTSE100 index. My question is about the index. I was wondering, since the FTSE100 is supposed to be a regulated index by Eurex, would it be possible to get some sort of  "contracts" indicator?...understanding by contracts indicator an estimation (or infer/calculate), while a candle in ongoing (1H, 4H, etc) if contracts traded are more buy contracts or sell contracts. I am not sure about this, but I think that, as a regulated instrument, this info is maybe available somehow?? I am asking because, to my understanding, this is not the same as the traditional Volume Indicator, which only gives an average "tick count" if I am not wrong....Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

In MT4, real volume is not available on the platform, only tick volume for that broker alone, nor is the order book data available!

However, some information can be inferred and approximated in one of two ways (or a combination of both):

• By analysing the bar data of the lowest time frame (M1), and considering the total volume of each M1 bar as being either "buy" or "sell", depending on the direction of the bar, and calculating the total "buy" volume and "sell" volume for all the bars that make up the higher time-frame.
  • By analysing each incoming tick and considering an up tick as a "buy" and a down tick as a "sell" and totaling them for the current bar in question.

Both methods are just approximations, as they only take into account the tick volume of the broker and not the actual real volume of transactions world wide.

There may be products in the Market or example code in the Codebase that carry out these approximations, but I am unaware of any. If none are available, you would need to hire a coder to write it for you.
Reason: