Can you recommend a good strategy tester?

Hello,

can you recommend a good strategy tester please?

I am willing to pay for it. The strategy testers I have used don't let me use all the indicators.

Deve Karuna:

Hello,

can you recommend a good strategy tester please?

I am willing to pay for it. The strategy testers I have used don't let me use all the indicators.

Discussion or recommendations about commercial solutions are not allowed in this forum, you need to make your own search.

Here we talk about MT4/5 Strategy Testers only, since is a Metaquotes website.

Deve Karunacan you recommend a good strategy tester please? I am willing to pay for it. The strategy testers I have used don't let me use all the indicators.

Yes, a good strategy tester is MetaTrader 5 (or MetaTrader 4 if it is the case).

If it can't test your indicators, then most probably it was not properly coded! There are exceptions of course, but if properly coded it should work correctly in the Strategy Tester.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks and the explanation is on this post.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

PriceChannel Parabolic system

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.15 06:02

You can read this article (TESTING TRADING STRATEGIES ON REAL TICKS).

-------------------

Just an example -

MT4 and very old builds of MT5: I optimized the EAs from this thread just to find good settings for the pair, I was backtesting them, and I traded on demo for some time just to be sure that EAs are profitable.

With new builds of MT5: I will optimize the EAs from this thread to find the settings, and I will backtesting them with 'every tick based on real ticks' - and it will be same as trading by those EA on real account for many months or years!

That is why some coders/traders convert their EAs from MT4 to MT5 just to find good settings and backtesting with "every tick based on real ticks".
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data.
Reason: