Question Regardin an EA (Expert Advisor/Robot)

Hello guys i have a couple of questions, I mean it seems that is an awesome EA but im not sure if the backtesting using the StrategyTester on MT4 is accurate or if you can trust 100% on it to use a live account, because it seems that is having a good performance but im not 100% sure

What do you guys think about this EA?
This is a test i ran from 2020/01/01 to 2020/12/31

Files:
test1.png  111 kb
test2.png  115 kb

Kevin Mendez:

Hello guys i have a couple of questions, I mean it seems that is an awesome EA but im not sure if the backtesting using the StrategyTester on MT4 is accurate or if you can trust 100% on it to use a live account, because it seems that is having a good performance but im not 100% sure

Never trust straight lines in backtests, also have in mind that MT4 tester is quite rough, use MT5 Strategy Tester if you really want some trustworthy results.

Any professional opinion about EA based on MT4 backtesting results only is wrong.
Post your source code for the people to try, or convert your EA to MT5 to backtest with "Every tick based on real ticks" (which is almost same as trading by this EA).

----------------

Testing trading strategies on real ticks and the explanation is on this post (MT5)

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data.

Kevin Mendez:

What exactly are you requesting help on?

We can offer no "opinion" on your EA based on screenshots. We have no way of knowing how it works, or if the results are based on curve-fitting optimisations, etc.

That being said, you should never go from tester to live account. The best sequence in my opinion, is Tester -> Demo account -> Cent account -> Real Live Trading account.

Reason: