Classes, call method from parent class that has the same name from child class - page 2

Sardion Maranatha:
you should declare a class member as parent object in public scope..but you've been told..it's bad idea.

your changes have acheived nothing, you have simply moved the constructors/decontructors into global space, that is not essential.

Paul Anscombe:

your changes have acheived nothing, you have simply moved the constructors/decontructors into global space, that is not essential.

I guess so, but if you have better way in MQL4 Oop, i am all ears

Sardion Maranatha:
I guess so, but if you have better way in MQL4 Oop, i am all ears
No it clearly doesn’t work in mql4   And I’m not going to waste anytime finding a work around for what is a poor coding idea anyway 
But my point to you was that moving methods to global space is not essential at all, nor is declaring a class object in the global space if it’s not required globally 🙂

Paul Anscombe:
No it clearly doesn’t work in mql4   And I’m not going to waste anytime finding a work around for what is a poor coding idea anyway 
But my point to you was that moving methods to global space is not essential at all, nor is declaring a class object in the global space if it’s not required globally 🙂

true..i'm with you..at least we tried to help..thanks Paul

Thanks for all the input! Thought the OOP in MQL4 was the same as MQL5. 

As you mentioned, probably it's better to call it a day, it seems that for it to actually work in MQL4 it'd be a rather lame walk-around of creating a separate object inside the child class.

Still, good to know that in MQL5 it works just fine.

Once again, thanks everyone for the input!
Reason: