Code Styler: Custom Styles and List of Rules of the various Standard Styles

I currently don’t use the code Styler, but would like to start using it if I am able to find a style (or create one) that best fits my current manually applied personal style.

I have searched the documentation but don’t seem to find information on the following two topics in regards to the code Styler:
  1. Can one create our own custom “Style” with rules to our own liking?
  2. How can we see what rules are implemented for the current styles already available?
There are already several standard styles available in MetaEditor's Styler, but without knowing what rules are applied for each one, it is a little bit of “Trial & Error” to see what each one does in order to select the one that best suits me.

Does anyone have more information on this, or able to provide links to documentation or forum threads about it?
Styler - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
Styler - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The styler quickly brings a source code design in line with the recommended standard. This makes the code look professional and easy to read. A...

Fernando Carreiro :

1. As far as I know, you cannot write your own style.

2. Exactly: the trial and error method allows you to see the work of the styler.

Fernando Carreiro:
I currently don’t use the code Styler, but would like to start using it if I am able to find a style (or create one) that best fits my current manually applied personal style.

I have searched the documentation but don’t seem to find information on the following two topics in regards to the code Styler:
  1. Can one create our own custom “Style” with rules to our own liking?
  2. How can we see what rules are implemented for the current styles already available?
There are already several standard styles available in MetaEditor's Styler, but without knowing what rules are applied for each one, it is a little bit of “Trial & Error” to see what each one does in order to select the one that best suits me.

Does anyone have more information on this, or able to provide links to documentation or forum threads about it?
It's hardcoded and so not very useful. I didn't find a style I am fully happy with.

Alain Verleyen: It's hardcoded and so not very useful. I didn't find a style I am fully happy with.

Thank you! I too, have not found anything to my liking!

I guess I will continue do it manually and using an external tool to remove trailing white-space.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Thank you! I too, have not found anything to my liking!

I guess I will continue do it manually and using an external tool to remove trailing white-space.

Hi Fernando, did you ever find a style that you prefer using besides the default MetaQuotes style? 

I am trying the different stylers testing the various options. Thank you.

Dustin Vlok #:Hi Fernando, did you ever find a style that you prefer using besides the default MetaQuotes style? I am trying the different stylers testing the various options. 
I continue to style manually, but for a quick starting point, I currently prefer the "Google" style.

Fernando Carreiro #:
I continue to style manually, but for a quick starting point, I currently prefer the "Google" style.

Thanks for that, will check it out and compare it. 

Dustin Vlok #: Thanks for that, will check it out and compare it. 
You are welcome!

I like to use VS Code for full control over code formatting.

Juan Guirao #: I like to use VS Code for full control over code formatting.

I use VSCode too, but only as the secondary editor for lookup and comparison between different parts of the code.

I don't use it as the main editor because of the lack of auto-complete and context help.

Hello. 

Me too, the Google style is the one that suits it best
Reason: