EA deinstallation

Hi,

I have bought an EA, and installed on my MT4 account. Since there is a limit to the number of activations. If I want to deinstall it from my account, and claim back that activation, what do I have to do?

Thanks

triotrader888:

Hi,

I have bought an EA, and installed on my MT4 account. Since there is a limit to the number of activations. If I want to deinstall it from my account, and claim back that activation, what do I have to do?

Thanks

If you bought it from MQL5 Market, it is not linked to a MT4 account, it is linked to the device.
So you can use it with a different account as long as it is on the same computer.

Keith Watford:

If you bought it from MQL5 Market, it is not linked to a MT4 account, it is linked to the device.
So you can use it with a different account as long as it is on the same computer.

Thanks Keith. That clarifies something that I didn't know about being activated to the computer.

However, my computer is crashing and it looks like I need to reimage it. Is there a way to completely inactivate it on this computer so I can gain back the number of free activations?

No

Keith Watford:
No

Oh I see. Once used, it's burnt forever? I thought it's like a software license that you can move to another machine when not using it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Reason: