Reversal order

Hello everyone,

i have one simple script which makes buy and sell, i wanna change to direction of order while last order completed with stop loss. how can i do this, what should i add as a code thank you for helping

string direction="buy";
input int TakeProfitPoints = 50 ;
input int StoplossPoints = 50 ;

void OnTick()
  {
  if((OrdersTotal()==0) && (direction == "buy"))
  {  
    int buyticket = OrderSend( Symbol(),OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 3,Ask- StoplossPoints*_Point,Ask+TakeProfitPoints*_Point,NULL);

if(OrderSelect(buyticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true)
 if (( OrderProfit())<0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}
 else  direction = "buy" ;

} 
  if((OrdersTotal()==0) && (direction == "sell"))
  {
   int sellticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,3,Bid + 100*_Point,Bid - 100*_Point,NULL,0,0,Red);   

if(OrderSelect(sellticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true)
 if (( OrderProfit())>0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}

}
  }

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.
I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

sazan avi:

Hello everyone,

i have one simple script which makes buy and sell, i wanna change to direction of order while last order completed with stop loss. how can i do this, what should i add as a code thank you for helping

string direction="buy";
input int TakeProfitPoints = 50 ;
input int StoplossPoints = 50 ;

void OnTick()
  {
  {  
 //   int buyticket = OrderSend( Symbol(),OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 3,Ask- StoplossPoints*_Point,Ask+TakeProfitPoints*_Point,NULL);
 int buyticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,3,Bid + 100*_Point,Bid - 100*_Point,NULL,0,0,Red);   

if (( OrderProfit())<0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}

} 
  {
  // int sellticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,3,Bid + 100*_Point,Bid - 100*_Point,NULL,0,0,Red);   
  int sellticke = OrderSend( Symbol(),OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 3,Ask- StoplossPoints*_Point,Ask+TakeProfitPoints*_Point,NULL);
 if (( OrderProfit())>0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}

}
  }

Mehmet Bastem:

Really thank you for your effort

i also try to find the issue, but it is not change the direction as per the condition, there is a line like a just one sell one buy one sell

do you have any idea to fix 

thank you so much

sazan avi:

When you want help, you should make it as easy as possible for other people to help you.

To be honest with you, usually when I see code as messy as this

void OnTick()
{
  {  
    int buyticket = OrderSend( Symbol(),OP_BUY, 0.1, Ask, 3,Ask- StoplossPoints*_Point,Ask+TakeProfitPoints*_Point,NULL);

if (( OrderProfit())<0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}

} 
  {
   int sellticket = OrderSend (Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,3,Bid + 100*_Point,Bid - 100*_Point,NULL,0,0,Red);   

if (( OrderProfit())>0)

{
 direction = "sell" ; 

}

}
}

I will not even bother to read it, especially if the code is relatively long.

I am sure that I am not the only one.

It is very simple to format the code so that it is easier for others to read. It will also make it easier for you to understand the code when you come back to it at a later date.

I use the styler (Ctrl+comma) to format the code. I use the VTK styler version with 2 space indent lines.

You can also set the styler to delete empty lines. I don't use this option myself as empty lines can be useful, but unnecessary empty lines are annoying and can make the code more difficult to follow. (In my opinion).

This is your code with the styler applied and unnecessary empty lines removed.

void OnTick()
{
   {
      if (( OrderProfit())<0)
       {
        direction = "sell" ;
       }
   }

{
      if (( OrderProfit())>0)
       {
        direction = "sell" ;
       }
   }                                                                  |
//+--
}

Now it is so much easier to follow your code and I can immediately see a problem that was not obvious from the original messy code.

So let's look at the first section as it is the same for both.

void OnTick()
{
  if((OrdersTotal()==0) && (direction == "buy"))         //This block of code will only be executed if there are no open trades
   {
    if(OrderSelect(buyticket, SELECT_BY_TICKET)==true)   //This block of code will only be executed once, immediately after the trade is opened
      if (( OrderProfit())<0)                            //As the trade has only just been opened, trade will be in loss because of the spread
       {
        direction = "sell" ;                             //direction will be changed to "sell" because the trade is showing a loss
       }
      else  direction = "buy" ;                          //This line is not necessary as direction must = "buy" as it is in the condition (first if)
   }                                                         
//+--
}

So you will need to re-think your code.

Clues.

Make buyticket and sellticket variables either static or globalscope.

Check whether the trade has closed and then check whether it closed with profit. Change the direction variable if necessary.

Reason: