[CExpertSignal] Difference between [Long|Short]Condition and CheckOpen[Long|Short] methods

Hi, 

I'm currently in the process of developing my first EA. So far so good I would say.

However, I'm not a 100% sure about the difference of the following methods of the CExpertSignal class.

- [Long|Short]Condition

- CheckOpen[Long|Short]

According to the documentation both methods are used to "check conditions to open a long/short position".

Whereas the result of the [Long|Short]Position methods returns an integer between -100 and 100, the other simply returns a boolean.

In my understanding as it is right now, I can use both methods to signal to the EA that an open/short position should be opened.The "only" difference is that the results of the [Long|Short]Position methods should be interpreted as a degree of certainty which should be compared to a threshold value in order to perform a long/short order.

Am I correct in this interpretation or completely wrong? 

Any insights would be highly appreciated.

With regards, M.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Base classes for Expert Advisors / CExpertSignal / LongCondition
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Strategy Modules / Base classes for Expert Advisors / CExpertSignal / LongCondition
  • www.mql5.com
LongCondition - CExpertSignal - Base classes for Expert Advisors - Strategy Modules - Standard Library - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Was wondering the same thing