MT5 Profile not Saving

Hi Guys, 

Using Admiral Markets MT5 on Windows. 

I created a bunch of Profiles, saving each one as I went, and Saved As when I was making new ones. I Saved when closing or making changes to that Profile. 

I flicked to another Profile, and it appeared fine. 

Flicked back to the original, and it basically wiped itself. Flicked to another, that also was wiped. This happens somewhat intermittently.  

So now, around 2hrs work of creating and saving profiles is completely wasted :(. I got bitten the first time, so was very careful about Saving As and Saving - but despite this, the issue has still happened. 

I went into the Data Folder and checked - and the Folders for each Profile were ticked as Read Only. No sure what else to do? 

Does anyone know why this is happening? It's really annoying!

Thanks

Neil 

neil-uk2:

Hi Guys, 

Using Admiral Markets MT5 on Windows. 

I created a bunch of Profiles, saving each one as I went, and Saved As when I was making new ones. I Saved when closing or making changes to that Profile. 

I flicked to another Profile, and it appeared fine. 

Flicked back to the original, and it basically wiped itself. Flicked to another, that also was wiped. This happens somewhat intermittently.  

So now, around 2hrs work of creating and saving profiles is completely wasted :(. I got bitten the first time, so was very careful about Saving As and Saving - but despite this, the issue has still happened. 

I went into the Data Folder and checked - and the Folders for each Profile were ticked as Read Only. No sure what else to do? 

Does anyone know why this is happening? It's really annoying!

Thanks

Neil 

In my 12 years dealing with forex and metatrader, I never managed to find my way with profiles, so I use templates and load them one at a time.

If that is telling something...

Eleni Anna Branou:

In my 12 years dealing with forex and metatrader, I never managed to find my way with profiles, so I use templates and load them one at a time.

If that is telling something...

haha yes, thank you. 

The reason for using the Profiles is that I want to explore different things, such as Currencies, Futures, Stocks, Commodities; so the plan was to have a Profile for each.

Are there any hacks in this regard? Else, I'll have to use the Default Profile with a million charts open

Thanks!

N

Reason: