Discussion of article "How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting" - page 12

I am getting the message "successful migration", and ping time is 0.93 seconds which is very fast, but when I click on the bottom right hand corner to rescan servers, its still showing 76 ms,

so why am I not seeing 0.93 seconds instead ?? In other words I am not sure if I set up the MQL5 VPS or not.

George:

I am getting the message "successful migration", and ping time is 0.93 seconds which is very fast, but when I click on the bottom right hand corner to rescan servers, its still showing 76 ms,

so why am I not seeing 0.93 seconds instead ?? In other words I am not sure if I set up the MQL5 VPS or not.

The fast ping is your VPS connection, on the down right corner is your terminal connection speed.

These are 2 different things.

When you synchronize with your VPS, trading is moved there, so the slow speed of your MT terminal is irrelevant.

Will the virtual server still operate if I exit the client terminal?

Max Brown:

Will the virtual server still operate if I exit the client terminal?

Yes, of course, that's the point of using it aynway.

You don't have to keep your PC open 24/7 and you don't get power or internet outages.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, of course, that's the point of using it aynway.

You don't have to keep your PC open 24/7 and you don't get power or internet outages.

I know, I know.  I actually felt embarrassed asking the question.  Better to be 100% certain than 99%.

Thank you

Max Brown:

I know, I know.  I actually felt embarrassed asking the question.  Better to be 100% certain than 99%.

Thank you

You are right, better safe than sorry!

Dear friends,

I've rented a VPs for my MT4 account (MQL5 New York 9). I'd like to confirm if its works properly, and apparently I see contradictory informations at my desktop.

On one hand, when I consult the details info it says "Ping MQL5 New York 9 at ICMArkets-Live05 - 2.45ms", which seems pretty good ot me.

On the other hand, when I click at the bottom right of the platform a long list of servers appears, and one is selected: "Live05.NY.01 152.94ms", which doesn't seem good at all.

What am I losing? I think I don't understand well what this last information means... Anyone can help me on this?

Thank yo very much!!!

Pep Martorell:

Dear friends,

I've rented a VPs for my MT4 account (MQL5 New York 9). I'd like to confirm if its works properly, and apparently I see contradictory informations at my desktop.

On one hand, when I consult the details info it says "Ping MQL5 New York 9 at ICMArkets-Live05 - 2.45ms", which seems pretty good ot me.

On the other hand, when I click at the bottom right of the platform a long list of servers appears, and one is selected: "Live05.NY.01 152.94ms", which doesn't seem good at all.

What am I losing? I think I don't understand well what this last information means... Anyone can help me on this?

Thank yo very much!!!

Your VPS ping is 2.45ms and your local terminal's connection to your server is 152.94ms, these are 2 different things.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your VPS ping is 2.45ms and your local terminal's connection to your server is 152.94ms, these are 2 different things.

Thank you very much Eleni.

In order to guarantee that the trades of an EA are executed "right on time", the important number is the VPS ping, right? If I have the EA+signals migrated, the terminal's connection to my server time shouldn't be important... Is that true?

Pep Martorell:

Thank you very much Eleni.

In order to guarantee that the trades of an EA are executed "right on time", the important number is the VPS ping, right? If I have the EA+signals migrated, the terminal's connection to my server time shouldn't be important... Is that true?

Yes, exactly.

Reason: