Why is demo trading necessary for beginners?

Is it really that important for a beginner broker to first trade using a demo account before entering live trading even though the trader has the knowledge and knows how to use the platform's software?

Jarvis89:
Is it really that important for a beginner broker to first trade using a demo account before entering live trading even though the trader has the knowledge and knows how to use the platform's software?

It is important to begin having a clue about how does the market work and how could you benefit from it.

But in my opinion demo accounts do not give you the real feeling of trading. You always feel that this is not real, thus your brain, guts, fear, frustration, greed and anxiety wont be activated because you know its not your money. Those are the real factors affecting your trade, not the strategy!

Moreover, commissions, slippage, delays in execution and other technical  factors wont show up in demo.

I highly recommend using a cent account for your training and trading. If you loose at the end of the day they are few cents only. But it gives you the real feeling of trading 100%, because it is real.

I respect other opinions, but this is what worked for me :)

Jarvis89:
Demo account usually used when you have a new trading strategy that you want to try. 

The problem with begginer trader is that most of them confident with their trading strategy until when things going south.

There's always a pros and cons of using demo account but the best way to run is to walk first.

And lastly if you an algo treader you always want to try your EA on demo account, because backtest doesn't always reflect a real trading environment.
Reason: