[SOLVED] Breakpoints are not working on build 2815 and 2835

If i debug my EA on history data, breakpoints are completely ignored, even if i put the BP on the first line of code inside the OnTick() function, nothing happen.

The strange thing is that the strategy tester have the version 2836 that is newer than the MT5 terminal or the MQL5 Editor that have both the 2815...

Is this a bug?

have someone noticed the same issue?

i've updated MT5 to the latest version 2835 and all the versions are aligned but the issue still persist, breakpoints are totally ignored...

Today i tryed to debug on real data, and breakpoints are working as expected.

So breakpoints are working on real data only, on history are not.

Any help?

I have a terminal

2021.03 . 22 11 : 36 : 45.999 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 2840 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.

and editor 2840

Editor settings:

Example of an Expert Advisor [data folder] \ MQL5 \ Experts \ Advisors \ ExpertMACD.mq5

Debugging on history:

debugging on real data:

As you can see, the breakpoints are working.

Vladimir Karputov:

As you can see, the breakpoints are working.

Excuse me, what's the point of your answer?

I'm not saying that your MT5 is not working, i'm saying that MINE is not working and i'm trying to figure out why!

I developed on mql5 editor more than 2 years without issues, but in these days is stopped working.

I've also done a fresh installation of MT5 (build 2840) and the issue still persist!

This is into the blue, but try setting property tester_file to something different.

Finally i've found where the issue was and i solved it!!!
Accidentally i've added the .ex5 output file to my EA's project and that's why the debugger had this strange behaviour.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but in any case adding a file to a project should not prevent the debugger to stop on a breakpoint when you debug the history!
The funny thing is that is working normally if you debug the real data! What a crazy bug!
I hope this can help someone else that encountered the same issue.

Debugger paused at breakpoint in OnInit but not at breakpoint in OnTick for my expert advisor. Using build 3030. So much changes lately.

Maybe a bug!

Reason: