computer crashes when i start a backtest...(mt5)

so ive tested for some time now with mt5 and recently as soon as i press ''start'' on the strategy tester, my computer just freezes up to the point i cant even move my mouse.

the computer i have is a hp desktop ryzen 5 which im 90% sure can deal with the processing power needed so im almost certain its not a problem with my computer not being able to handle it.

when i open the task manager is does say mt5 is using 99% on my CPU

has anyone else had this problem>?

ive un-installed mt5 and re downloaded it but still have the same issue. ive also tried running the app as an 'administrator' but still no joy

thankyou

one more note to add; if im just on mt5 normally viewing the charts, the programme runs at 1% on the CPU under task manager list, only when i start a test does it jump to 99% which causes the computer to crash 

connor_pow:

so ive tested for some time now with mt5 and recently as soon as i press ''start'' on the strategy tester, my computer just freezes up to the point i cant even move my mouse.

the computer i have is a hp desktop ryzen 5 which im 90% sure can deal with the processing power needed so im almost certain its not a problem with my computer not being able to handle it.

when i open the task manager is does say mt5 is using 99% on my CPU

has anyone else had this problem>?

ive un-installed mt5 and re downloaded it but still have the same issue. ive also tried running the app as an 'administrator' but still no joy

thankyou

Please check your EA software. Especially the OnTick function (if you have). Memory consumption? 

hello, thanks for the reply!

so my friend is also testing the same ea on a laptop (less powerfull) and he is having no issues

ive tried testing on (every tick) & (every tick based on real ticks) it crashes on both 

connor_pow:

hello, thanks for the reply!

so my friend is also testing the same ea on a laptop (less powerfull) and he is having no issues

ive tried testing on (every tick) & (every tick based on real ticks) it crashes on both 

That is strange.

Sorry I have no better idea to check your EA software for unusual high memory usage and cpu usage.

Do you use indicators? How are they programmed?

You can use also the profiler of the Metaeditor.

im thinking the download i have for mt5 is bad or something not communicating properly with my computer because if i backtest the standard macd ea, it still freezes meaning its not down to my ea itself 

2022. Amd Ryzen 5 2600. I'm also having the same problem backtesting. It doesn't happen everytime but when it do, I have to restart my PC because the mouse cursor doesn't even move.

lowyse #: 2022. Amd Ryzen 5 2600. I'm also having the same problem backtesting. It doesn't happen everytime but when it do, I have to restart my PC because the mouse cursor doesn't even move.

Yes, an EA that is badly coded can freeze the Strategy Tester or even MetaTrader when using it live.

lowyse #:
2022. Amd Ryzen 5 2600. I'm also having the same problem backtesting. It doesn't happen everytime but when it do, I have to restart my PC because the mouse cursor doesn't even move.

Single test or optimization ?

lowyse #:
Check for infinite loops they can also cause that

Do you have hypertreading? (Doubling the physical cores) I have two computers and in one mt5 does not like the hyperT, and the other works without issue. Maybe the drivers aren't working well in one or something. If you have it, go to your bios and disable it