Trouble with getting a monthly/weekly profit with an EA.

Hi,

I would like some help to create an indicator which can show monthly/weekly profit. I've got only basics on programming and found some similar topics but none of them really helped me. I found out that the best way to do it is to use iTime() which i struggle to get my head around. Can anyone give me some advice on this please ? I would be really grateful, I don't really want to use a pre-made indicator, I really want to get a way to do it.

Thank you. 

Show your attempts and errors so we can help you

Macdrap:

Hi,

I would like some help to create an indicator which can show monthly/weekly profit. I've got only basics on programming and found some similar topics but none of them really helped me. I found out that the best way to do it is to use iTime() which i struggle to get my head around. Can anyone give me some advice on this please ? I would be really grateful, I don't really want to use a pre-made indicator, I really want to get a way to do it.

Thank you. 

Here's what I use. Hope this helps. 

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Get Monthly Profits                                              |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
double GetMonthProfits()
  {
   double   wp = 0;
   datetime starttime  = iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1, 0);

for(int i=(OrdersHistoryTotal()-1); i>=0; i--)
     {
      if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY))
        {
         if(OrderCloseTime() >= starttime && OrderType()!=6 && OrderType()!=7) //&& OrderSymbol() == Symbol()
            wp += OrderProfit()+OrderCommission()+OrderSwap();
        }
     }
   return(wp);
  }

1.          if(OrderCloseTime() >= starttime && OrderType()!=6 && OrderType()!=7) //&& OrderSymbol() == Symbol()

That selects deleted pending orders also. You want just buys and sells.
              OrderType() == 6, 7 in the history pool? - MQL4 programming forum 2017.11.30

2.    datetime starttime  = iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_MN1, 0);

On MT4: Unless the current chart is that specific symbol(s)/TF(s) referenced, you must handle 4066/4073 errors before accessing candle/indicator values.
              Download history in MQL4 EA - Forex Calendar - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26.4 2019.05.20

3. wp += OrderProfit()+OrderCommission()+OrderSwap();

Some brokers don't use the Commission/Swap fields. Instead, they add balance entries. (Maybe related to Government required accounting/tax laws.)
              "balance" orders in account history - Day Trading Techniques - MQL4 programming forum 2017.11.01

Broker History
    FXCM
    Commission - <TICKET>
    Rollover - <TICKET>

>R/O - 1,000 EUR/USD @0.52

#<ticket>  N/A
    OANDA
    Balance update
    Financing (Swap: One entry for all open orders.)

Reason: