BUG!!! Download link for MetaTrader4 installs MetaTrader5.

Hello,

I want to announce the BUG on the MetaQuotes website here: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download

The download link for MetaTrader4 is wrong, it downloads the setup file that installs MetaTrader5. 

Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC, iPhone, iPad and Android
  • www.metatrader4.com
Download MetaTrader 4 for PC to receive the most powerful and convenient tool for technical analysis and trading in the markets. During the first launch, you will be prompted to open a...

It is well-known situation.
You should downlooad MT4 from the broker's website as there are a lot of brokers which are still support this old terminal (MT4).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 Downloading instead of MT4

William Roeder, 2020.12.22 17:39

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 2019.03.13

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

Dmitry Zhakov:

Hello,

I want to announce the BUG on the MetaQuotes website here: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download

The download link for MetaTrader4 is wrong, it downloads the setup file that installs MetaTrader5. 

This is not a bug. Metaquotes do this on purpose. It is a deceitful way that Metaquotes try to force MT5 on to people.

It has been like this for years. I have written to the service desk before about it and they refuse to do anything.

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.

In future please post in the correct section.

I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.04.31
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum 2018.01.29

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 2019.03.13

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

Reason: