Can I use one VPS for all my brokers account?

Michael Robinson:

Yes, but one terminal for one account, for one MQ-VPS

Carl Schreiber:

Yes, but one terminal for one account, for one MQ-VPS

So I can't one one VPS for all accounts so I will have to buy more VPS?

Michael Robinson:

Yes you can install many meta trader 4 in one vps, buy any good configuration vps

4 gb ram and 40 gb hdd, install 4-5 mt4 or mt5 anything and enjoy.

Happy profitable day

HNI Expert:

Yes you can install many meta trader 4 in one vps, buy any good configuration vps

4 gb ram and 40 gb hdd, install 4-5 mt4 or mt5 anything and enjoy.

Happy profitable day

So I can use MQL5 one VPS for  all accounts?

Michael Robinson:

No, one MQL5 VPS for each trading account.

Eleni Anna Branou:

No, one MQL5 VPS for each trading account.

So I need a configuration VPS to use it for all accounts?

Michael Robinson:

One MQL5 VPS per one trading account.
(but you can move your MQL5 VPS subscription from one trading account to an other one once in a week only).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2018.11.24 18:01

VPS is the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.
To make this copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you need to open chart (or charts) and attach your EA to the chart (or to the charts) to ready to trade.
After that - you make the migration: you are synchronizing your Metatrader with open charts with EA attached to the charts - with the copy of your Metatrader in the cloud.

Once you synchronized (once you sent everything to VPS) so you can close your pc (in you want): your EA will work on VPS (means: your EA will work on the copy of your Metatrader in cloud).

And all those actions (with possibe errors) are written in your VPS log files (you can check it inside your home Metatrader).

---------------

To make it shorter:

• Your MQL5 VPS = your "2nd Metatrader in cloud". I mean: there is the cloud (somewhere). And there is "your second Metatrader" there ... this "second Metatrader in cloud" is empty ... you will need to provide migration/synchronize.
  • Migration = sending your EAs/indicators/open charts from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • You can synchronize the settings/open charts/EAs/settings of your EAs/changing the settings of your EA/opened charts - from your home Metatrader with MQL5 VPS (with "your Metatrader in cloud"). You can synchronize many time (as many as you want).
  • Only open chart(s) with attached EA(s) can be migrated (can be synchronized) from your home Metatrader to MQL5 VPS (to "your Metatrader in cloud").
  • Your EA(s) will work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud"), and you can close your home Metatrader, or use your home Metatrader with the other trading account, or any.
  • Autotrading is always On in MQL5 VPS ("your second Metatrader in cloud" is having autotrading to be always ON irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader).
  • (limitation) Your EA will not work on MQL5 VPS (on "your 2nd Metatrader in cloud") if EA is using dll irrespective off -  you allowed dll or not in your home Metatrader (irrespective of the settings of your home Metatrader). It is necessary to see the code or to be a coder to know: your EA is using/calling dll or not).
  • (limitation) It must be 64-bit client terminal (MT5) to use virtual hosting - means: your home Metatrader 5 should be 64-bit.
    MT4 does not have this limitation (because MT4 is always on 32-bit).

---------------

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers

Michael Robinson:

So I need a configuration VPS to use it for all accounts?

I don't know what you can do with non MQL5 VPS and this is not the place to ask about it.

Discussion about commercial solutions is not allowed in this forum.

Do I have to buy different VPS for my accounts if I trade 3 charts in one account? For example if I use my trade account X and trade USD/ZAR, Crude oil and Apple, do I have to buy three VPS?

Badiri Kgatlhane #:
Do I have to buy different VPS for my accounts if I trade 3 charts in one account? For example if I use my trade account X and trade USD/ZAR, Crude oil and Apple, do I have to buy three VPS?
One MQL5 VPS per trading account.
And you may have many charts, EA(s) or signal subscription (becausr this VPS is mainly for autotrading by the EAs or for signal subscription).
Please read -  Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
The page contains the rules of using the Virtual Hosting service (Virtual Hosting Cloud): general provisions, virtual hosting rental conditions, payment terms, as well as violations entailing termination of service.
Reason: