Issue on buy limit order on tester

Hello all,

while testing an EA in TESTER I came across the following scenario:

- One candle high value was @57760

- EA placed a pending order to buy only when price reaches 10 pips above this high value, @57770

- EA hasn't been tested yet during real time market hour, so I hope this not to happen

During execution of tester as soon as limit order is sent, deal happens @57770 but no candle reached this price at that moment. 

So, is there a way to use limit orders in tester? 

Screenshot is attached here.

Files:

aecioneto:

Hello all,

while testing an EA in TESTER I came across the following scenario:

- One candle high value was @57760

- EA placed a pending order to buy only when price reaches 10 pips above this high value, @57770

- EA hasn't been tested yet during real time market hour, so I hope this not to happen

During execution of tester as soon as limit order is sent, deal happens @57770 but no candle reached this price at that moment. 

So, is there a way to use limit orders in tester? 

Screenshot is attached here.

Hello aecioneto, I believe you're sending the wrong order type to the market... According to your description, I believe what you need is not a limit order, but a buy stop or even a buy stop limit order...

For different order types allowed by MetaTrader 5, please take a look at this help.

Regards,
Malacarne 

Malacarne:

Hello aecioneto, I believe you're sending the wrong order type to the market... According to your description, I believe what you need is not a limit order, but a buy stop or even a buy stop limit order...

For different order types allowed by MetaTrader 5, please take a look at this help.

Regards,
Malacarne 

Thanks buddy. Your suggestion did the trick.

Abraços! 

Reason: