downloading an EA

how do i download an EA that i have downloaded from the internet to use on metatrader 4 ?

samsayers:
how do i download an EA that i have downloaded from the internet to use on metatrader 4 ?

I guess you mean install, since you have downloaded it.

You place it in the MT4/5 >> File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4/5 >> Experts folder and you restart your terminal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I guess you mean install, since you have downloaded it.

You place it in the MT4/5 >> File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4/5 >> Experts folder and you restart your terminal.

i dont have any of them options available,  open data folder isnt an option same as experts folder.  what do you mean by place it in the MT4 ? does it mattar that i am doing this on an apple mac desktop ?

samsayers:
i dont have any of them options available,  open data folder isnt an option same as experts folder.  what do you mean by place it in the MT4 ? does it mattar that i am doing this on an apple mac desktop ?

It may, I don't know how it works on a Mac.

Do you have the Metatrader 4 terminal installed in your computer?

Eleni Anna Branou:

It may, I don't know how it works on a Mac.

Do you have the Metatrader 4 terminal installed in your computer?

it wont let me download metatrader 4 directly onto my desktop , always get a pop up saying cannot download from an unkown source so ive been trying to do it on the webtrader online

samsayers:
it wont let me download metatrader 4 directly onto my desktop , always get a pop up saying cannot download from an unkown source so ive been trying to do it on the webtrader online

You can't install EAs on the webtrader, you need the MT4/5 terminal.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can't install EAs on the webtrader, you need the MT4/5 terminal.

ok thanks. is there a reccommended one that i dowload ? the one ive beeen trying to download is from these two, octafx MT4 and ICmarkets MT4 , neither work so need to find another one

samsayers:
ok thanks. is there a reccommended one that i dowload ? the one ive beeen trying to download is from these two, octafx MT4 and ICmarkets MT4 , neither work so need to find another one

They all should work if you have some kind of windows emulator software.

I don't know about the native Mac versions.

Eleni Anna Branou:

They all should work if you have some kind of windows emulator software.

I don't know about the native Mac versions.

ok thankyou, i think i have sorted it all out now

samsayers:
ok thankyou, i think i have sorted it all out now
i managed to download MT4 but dont seem to be able to copy the EA into it

samsayers:
i managed to download MT4 but dont seem to be able to copy the EA into it
Reason: