Never use EA based on indicators?

Hi everyone, I've read somewhere in the internet that EA that run solely using indicators is not a good EA and people should avoid using it. Since I'm new to EA, anyone can explain to me is it true about that statement?

Luandre Ezra:
Hi everyone, I've read somewhere in the internet that EA that run solely using indicators is not a good EA and people should avoid using it. Since I'm new to EA, anyone can explain to me is it true about that statement?

Absolutely no, EA that is using indicator  is good because the entry condition is coded on the indicator which might has more functions on it, so EA just follow the entry signal 

Luandre Ezra:
Its not a matter of indicator, its a matter of backtest. If the backtest is bad then the future result will likely the same based on indicator or not doesn't matter.

I agree its not about the Indicator it self, its about the the whole EA is it complete set or not, is it backbtested or not.
however an EA with one condition or one Indicator is an absolute loss, you need to have set of conditions which have solid back testing.
test every thing by your self first before go live trading with any EA.
Goodluck.
Reason: