How to sort MT4 folder with many EAs, Indicators, & Scripts

I have several thousand mql4 files of various EAs, indicators, and scripts that I would like to sort quickly.  How do I do that without opening each in the terminal first, then placing each one by one individually in specific folders by type (e.g. "Experts", "Indicators", or "Scripts")?

Richard Downey Jr:
I have several thousand mql4 files of various EAs, indicators, and scripts that I would like to sort quickly.  How do I do that without opening each in the terminal first, then placing each one by one individually in specific folders by type (e.g. "Experts", "Indicators", or "Scripts")?

There is no way to change the terminal's automatic alphabetical order of contents in the Indicators and Experts folder.

Subfolders wouldn't work too.

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is no way to change the terminal's automatic alphabetical order of contents in the Indicators and Experts folder.

Subfolders wouldn't work too.

I understand that.  Then must I manually open and sort each .mq4 or .exe file individually to see what it does exactly (e.g. expert, indicator, or script)? I have several thousand files to sort, file, and test individually and would like to file them first, then test.

Richard Downey Jr:

I understand that.  Then must I manually open and sort each .mq4 or .exe file individually to see what it does exactly (e.g. expert, indicator, or script)? I have several thousand files to sort, file, and test individually and would like to file them first, then test.

You shouldn't keep thousands of files in your terminal, it only make it heavy and slow.

I test many experts and indicators too, I leave only the absolutely necessary that I use often on my Navigator window structure and I keep all the 'second' stuff in my computer's folders.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You shouldn't keep thousands of files in your terminal, it only make it heavy and slow.

I test many experts and indicators too, I leave only the absolutely necessary that I use often on my Navigator window structure and I keep all the 'second' stuff in my computer's folders.

Yes me too!  I also found that virtual pointer files/"pick link source" or symbolic links are very useful as well. However, I will have to sort my files manually it appears.

Richard Downey Jr:

Yes me too!  I also found that virtual pointer files/"pick link source" or symbolic links are very useful as well. However, I will have to sort my files manually it appears.

If i pick you exact

i have several dozens thousands all kind stuff (EAs,indicators,scripts,Addons and so on) collected in last ten years and i keep these all in SSD in a sequence way (organised) when i needs any of these i takes few seconds to find - at client terminal working folder it make no sense to add more then 20 to 50 numbers at one time to keep the terminal work smooth and fast execution - also nobody needs using all stuff all time

Reason: