Discussion of article "Using cryptography with external applications"

New article Using cryptography with external applications has been published:

In this article, we consider encryption/decryption of objects in MetaTrader and in external applications. Our purpose is to determine the conditions under which the same results will be obtained with the same initial data.

Cryptography is rarely used in MQL programs. There are not so many opportunities in everyday trading to use cryptography. An exception would be a paranoid signal copier wishing to protect the sent data from listening, and, perhaps, that's all. When data does not leave the terminal, it is very difficult to imagine why one would need to encrypt/decrypt it. Furthermore, this may indicate low competence of the developer, who creates an extra terminal load.

Maybe there is no need to use cryptography in trading? Actually, there is. For example, consider licensing. There can be a small company or even a separate developer whose products are popular. Licensing issues are relevant in this case, and therefore license encryption/description is required.

It is possible to specify in the license user data and an editable list of products. An indicator or an Expert Advisor starts operation, checks the availability of a license and its expiration for the given product. A program sends a request to the server, updates the license if necessary or receives a new one. This can be not the most efficient and safest route, but we will use it in this article for demonstration purposes. Obviously, in this case, the license will be read/written by different software tools — a terminal, a remote server, control modules and logging modules. All they can be written by different people, at different times and in different languages.

The purpose of this article is to study the encryption/decryption modes, in which an object encrypted by a program in C# or C++ can be decrypted by the MetaTrader terminal and vice versa.

The article is intended both for intermediate-skilled programmers and for beginners.

Author: Andrei Novichkov

Congratulations on this great article.

Hi everyone.
I am newbie in forex
and I want to trade via QT Application.
please help me how to connect my App and my account?

I attached a screenshot

how find this parameters?in my forex account?

??????? how can find 5 parameters in my account?

Files:
app.PNG  17 kb
Reason: