Backtest Modes

Hello everyone, I am looking for different types of EA. What is the best mode to backtest EA with scalping strategies? 1min OHLC, every tick or based on real ticks? Thanks.

meta-gameweaver:
Hello everyone, I am looking for different types of EA. What is the best mode to backtest EA with scalping strategies? 1min OHLC, every tick or based on real ticks? Thanks.

Every tick based on real ticks is always the most trustworthy method of backtesting on MT5.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Every tick based on real ticks is always the most trustworthy method of backtesting on MT5.

Every scalping EA I have tested under every tick mode performs quite well, but when tested under every tick based on real ticks, it keeps hitting the SL, does it mean that profits under every tick mode are not reliable?

meta-gameweaver:

Every scalping EA I have tested under every tick mode performs quite well, but when tested under every tick based on real ticks, it keeps hitting the SL, does it mean that profits under every tick mode are not reliable?

Yes, especially with scalping strategies every tick can alter the results.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: " 1 minute OHLC " using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in " Every tick " mode, as well as the most accurate " Every tick based on real ticks " mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to...
Reason: