Change Master and Investor Password

Hi all,

I have doubt about the password that the broker sent me through email. 

The password is shown in clear and I don't like it because is the password is clear other could see it, including the broker itself.

For this reason I can change Master and Investor password from my MT4 desktop platform following Tools--> Option-->Server-->Change

That said, changing the password through this method (MT4 platform) the broker can see my password?

Thanks,

tradingest:

Hi all,

I have doubt about the password that the broker sent me through email. 

The password is shown in clear and I don't like it because is the password is clear other could see it, including the broker itself.

For this reason I can change Master and Investor password from my MT4 desktop platform following Tools--> Option-->Server-->Change

That said, changing the password through this method (MT4 platform) the broker can see my password?

Thanks,

I guess that the broker can see any information if they really want.

They can certainly see your trading history and any other information about your account.

What is the point of trading with a broker you can't trust?

Eleni Anna Branou:

I guess that the broker can see any information if they really want.

They can certainly see your trading history and any other information about your account.

What is the point of trading with a broker you can't trust?

My question is a general question...not related on specific broker.

Sure, they can see my trade but I want to know if they can see my password. It's different

Thanks

tradingest:

My question is a general question...not related on specific broker.

Sure, they can see my trade but I want to know if they can see my password. It's different

Thanks

Its like asking if your bank can see or know your credit/dabit card pin or web-banking credentials.

I guess its not their job to know them, but they can if they want to.

I don't get what do you afraid they will do if they know your account's master password?

Reason: