EA placing duplicate trades

Hi All, 

I have an EA running on a VPS purchased through MT4 - the EA seems to run great when MT4 is closed on my computer, however, when I open MT4 on my computer to monitor/update/check things it is placing duplicate trades. Is there a fix to this? In reading through the journal, it looks like MT4 is taking preference to my computer and connecting locally when I am logged in, therefore taking a trade (at a higher ping) and also placing one through the VPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

dwoolley:

Hi All, 

I have an EA running on a VPS purchased through MT4 - the EA seems to run great when MT4 is closed on my computer, however, when I open MT4 on my computer to monitor/update/check things it is placing duplicate trades. Is there a fix to this? In reading through the journal, it looks like MT4 is taking preference to my computer and connecting locally when I am logged in, therefore taking a trade (at a higher ping) and also placing one through the VPS. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Your EA places duplicate trades because you have the Auto Trading button ticked locally on your computer, while your EA is trading on the MQL5 VPS, in other words you are trading twice, once in the cloud (on the virtual server) and once in your computer's MT4/5 terminal.

When you use MQL5 VPS, you don't have your EA on a chart with the Auto Trading button ON on your local MT4/5 terminal.

Thank you, Eleni. So by having the Auto Trading button turned off locally on my computer, the server should still make my/the EA's desired trades unless I press "stop" on the server settings, correct? 

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your EA places duplicate trades because you have the Auto Trading button ticked locally on your computer, while your EA is trading on the MQL5 VPS, in other words you are trading twice, once in the cloud (on the virtual server) and once in your computer's MT4/5 terminal.

When you use MQL5 VPS, you don't have your EA on a chart with the Auto Trading button ON on your local MT4/5 terminal.

dwoolley:

Thank you, Eleni. So by having the Auto Trading button turned off locally on my computer, the server should still make my/the EA's desired trades unless I press "stop" on the server settings, correct? 

Yes, that's the whole point of using a virtual server.

Hello, sorry to bring up an old thread. I am having the same issue. Are you saying to have the EA only put in 1 trade that i untick the "algo trading" button at the top of my mt5 terminal, or to untick the "algo trading" on the EA itself underneath the VPS name in the accounts drop down area?

Kind regards 
Dave

dave_harman1990 #:
Hello, sorry to bring up an old thread. I am having the same issue. Are you saying to have the EA only put in 1 trade that i untick the "algo trading" button at the top of my mt5 terminal, or to untick the "algo trading" on the EA itself underneath the VPS name in the accounts drop down area?

Kind regards 
Dave

Reason: