Rented indicators and compiled EAs - How to use a rented indicator in an EA? Any caveats I should be aware of?

Hello,

I would like to use some specific indicators from the Market that can only be rented either monthly or annually. 

I want to use them in an EA I am building, which I will share with some colleagues.

How can this be done?

If the indicator is activated to my account, will it work only on a compiled EA in my account? Or can I compile an EA with that indicator so that others can use it? 

The seller seems to be OK with the compiling/using his indicator this way on my EA, but he also could not answer me if this would work since it is the mql5 platform that manages activations and expirations.

Thanks,

Fernando

Fernando Henrique Gielow:

I want to use them in an EA I am building How can this be done?

If the indicator is activated to my account, will it work only on a compiled EA in my account? Or can I compile an EA with that indicator so that others can use it?

1. Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

2. Indicator has nothing to do with your EA
  3. Others can't use it without paying for it.

William Roeder:
  1. Indicator has nothing to do with your EA
  2. Don't try to do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)

Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into EA/indicator (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.

You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
              Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum #33 2017.05.23

This is exactly what I want to do.

I want to use iCustom to access the buffers of that indicator and operate with them. 

But my question is still the same: If I RENT an indicator that is activated for my account, can I safely access its buffers with iCustom and share this EA with other people?

As I do not understand how MQL5 rented indicators licensing/activation works, I need to know this because I don't want to rent the indicator and develop things to later discover this won't be possible. 

Thanks,

Fernando 

Fernando Henrique Gielow: But my question is still the same: If I RENT an indicator that is activated for my account, can I safely access its buffers with iCustom and share this EA with other people?

1. Asked and answered. Use iCustom.
  2. Your EA, share with whomever you want. It won't work unless they also rent the indicator.
Reason: