Implementing hiding/showing part of options of the EA

Some of my strategies have many options, that are useful for more advanced users. But non-advanced users have really problems with the EA, even though you only have to optimize 2-3 options out of many for really good basic functionality. I would like to add simplified mode (selectable from the list like [Easy mode] [Normal mode] [Advanced mode]) so that part of the options would be visibile/invisible depending on the mode the users is going to select. Would that be possible to implement?

Hey angreee

Considering the external vars are loaded before the init, I don't see how that could be possible. My only suggestion would be to have 3 separate versions of the EA for easy, normal and advanced.

You want something like "Advanced" tab that will show/hide advanced settings, like filter said it's not yet possible.

What you can do is design your EA Settings Panel in a way that it's divided into three sections, the Easy settings on top then the Normal settings in the middle and finally the Advanced settings at the bottom and design it in a way that it is easy to configure on top and it gets more advanced as you scroll down the Panel, because it is not possible to hide any of these settings.

So something like this:

=====>Easy Settings<=====

Setting 1
Setting 2

=====>Normal Settings<=====

Setting 1
Setting 2
Setting 3
Setting 4

=====>Advanced Settings<=====

Setting 1
Setting 2
Setting 3
Setting 4
Setting 5
Setting 6

You can work with enum to create pull down menus and assign pre defined settings in a way that the more advanced settings are already set so that beginners can work with only the top section and move their way down the panel once they gain understanding.
Doing it like that your user will see only limited settings in the first pull down where more settings will be shown in the middle and even more at the bottom menu's so in this respect, your advanced settings are hidden until the user clicks the drop down menu.

For other variables like numerals you would still see the input but you can keep it at the bottom of the Panel.

Or you can make 3 different EA's like Filter mentioned.

Filter:
Hey angreee

Considering the external vars are loaded before the init, I don't see how that could be possible. My only suggestion would be to have 3 separate versions of the EA for easy, normal and advanced.

i already have mt4 free, mt5 free, mt4 full and mt5 full.

I finnished mt5 simple version and mt4 simple version. How many more versions can the average user take ;).

Some marketing rules say that optimal 3 versions should be avaliable (more options just confuse the customer, less don't create enough choices for custome feel like he is choosing) so counting mt4 spearate from mt5, I have just reached it.

I wanted to create also full manual version, but i guess i will have to name it otherwise then.

Thanks for your answers. I think MetaQuotes could work on the issue, but what's more important - create possibility of multi-language descriptions to help traders not so good in english language (I could make few translations - russian, chinese - of my products using Freelance section then)

Whole Metatrader platform is multi-language, why not the Expert Advisors?

Reason: