is metatrader5 down? i get no chart on screen; just blackness

is the system down?

my chart tabs show, but no charts; just black screen.

smadden:

is the system down?

my chart tabs show, but no charts; just black screen.

The market is closed during weekends, but you should be able to see charts if you are logged in with a valid demo or real trading account.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The market is closed during weekends, but you should be able to see charts if you are logged in with a valid demo or real trading account.

i have an account and am logged in. still nothing but toolbars, navigator and toolbox. i've been offline for a couple of weeks; not sure if it matters

smadden:
i have an account and am logged in. still nothing but toolbars, navigator and toolbox. i've been offline for a couple of weeks; not sure if it matters
You should read Metatrader manual (help file) about how to connect Metatrader to the broker, how to open the charts, where to find the symbols, and so on.

Sergey Golubev:
You should read Metatrader manual (help file) about how to connect Metatrader to the broker, how to open the charts, where to find the symbols, and so on.

I've been backtesting and writing EAs for months. i had to go offline for  a month. when i come back, the charts section is black.

Sergey, i appreciate the answer. I'm asking about a recent change that doesnt allow me the charts; not about starting up

smadden:

I've been backtesting and writing EAs for months. i had to go offline for  a month. when i come back, the charts section is black.

Sergey, i appreciate the answer. I'm asking about a recent change that doesnt allow me the charts; not about starting up

It happened with me when I change the trading accounts (login to the different trading account in Metatrader, or I login to trading account after long time offline).
In this case - I close all the chart, and open them once again (with new login to trading account).
Reason: